Old 05-08-2015, 10:26 AM   #31
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

We love our Wildcat 327 ck with only minor issues. It has a lot of upgrade features that others don't have. We been staying in it now for 3 1/2 months and still enjoying it.

2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:34 AM   #32

Iím taking it for granted you checked the simple things first like tripped circuit breakers. When checking breakers always turn it to off and then back to on. Visual inspections donít cut it.

If you turned on the water heater without any water in it then you burned out the element. You should still be able to get plenty of hot water using the propane side of the water heater.

Did try to turn on the fireplace using the main power button? Not the remote but the power button on the fireplace itself.

Did you check for power at the outlet the microwave is plugged into? Itís easily done by unplugging the microwave and plugging in a table lamp, electric shaver, or other 110v applicance. If you have power at the outlet then yes, the microwave is probably a bad unit.

Apparently you didnít take the time to do a PDI at the dealership before taking delivery. For anyone reading this that might be considering the purchase of an RV, doing a proper PDI at the dealership is of the utmost importance.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 05:27 PM   #33

Thanks for all the replies. Yes the Wildcat is heaver than the Silverback but I have a 2010 Ram mega-cab with the diesel in it. You know its back there but pulls and stops well. Warranty on Rv must be different than cars by the thinking of owner of the dealership. Now I did check power to everything except the fireplace as the molding needs to be pulled off to pull fireplace out to get to the plug. So I am pretty sure that all items are doa. Now I must misunderstand what PDI is as the dealer charged me a large fee for PDI. Since they charged a fee I felt that this meant that a tech went thru a checklist with a fine tooth comb and made sure all items working correctly witch is far from the truth. If I am expected to do the PDI they should pay me not me pay them. What got me fired up is when GM made deal with us he said fee is non negotiable. I told him ok but I expect there tech to do a full inspection and make sure EVERYTHING is working as it should. I have since ask the GM, SM and owner for a refund of this fee as it was NOT done. So in the end I guess it falls to the customer to stand there and force them to do what they promised to do. I should know better but everyone at dealer struck me as be very honest. Now I know they just say yes with no intentions of doing what they all agreed to. I am old enough to know better and let them get me and that is on me. So now unit is back at selling dealer and will wait and see. My wife is writing a letter to FR to express our disappointment in the quality of the unit and that we feel dealer misled us (again we both old enough to know better). That's why I said this will be our last unit no matter what as my health sucks and to old to keep fighting to get dealer to do right thing. RV are supposed to be enjoyable right?
67cudafb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:06 PM   #34
Moderators' Assistant

One problem is thinking the RV world is like the auto world, such as warranties and dealers.
The two are very different.
FR has very little control over their dealers, other than dropping them.
And not knowing how the PDI works is something you should have looked into before paying the dealer for something that many do, without charging extra for.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:11 PM   #35

Yep it's on me for putting trust in the GM
Old 05-08-2015, 09:18 PM   #36

67cudafb
Hard to trust something that keeps giving you grief. Friend had RV that had nothing but problems & elected to trade. Has been very glad he made that decision. BTW, am from the same town you are.
Enjoy & happy camping.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:39 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa GLS View Post
67cudafb
Hard to trust something that keeps giving you grief. Friend had RV that had nothing but problems & elected to trade. Has been very glad he made that decision. BTW, am from the same town you are.
Enjoy & happy camping.

Bad thing is we had problems with the Silverback but most problems found and addressed just didn't trust it. I think part of my problem is buyers remorse and feel I let the dealer get me. My wife and I talked and we really like the layout. The plan is stay on dealer to fix these little problems and use the crap out of this hitting state parks and relax. We have lived in Keystone since 95 and like it.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:35 PM   #38

I just spent 1 1/2 days doing a PDI. We found things that were wrong and fixed them. A lot of it was hitch set up. My dealer said he wouldn't let it off the lot until he was sure it was set right. He did a great job. I got it home and still found things that were not quite right. So I fixed them. Just little stuff. The worst being the scare lights. This is my forth camper and I have had to adjust or fix something on every one them. To me it's not that big a deal because I enjoy working on these things. But I can fully understand being upset with a trailer that has so many things wrong with it.

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:47 PM   #39

Wow am I expecting to much from the RV dealer. I talked to the owner of the selling dealer about the disappointment with the way they run things. He assured me they hired a warranty person and would get things all fixed. Told us to bring it in on 5-8 and would make us happy. So drive back to Jax and find Kevin (warranty guy) who tells us he is going to get this place on track. So call him today after 10 days and hope we are well on the way to blissful camping. Tells me new microwave came in and going to install today. I ask when water heater and fireplace were coming in and tells me haven't even been checked yet to find out whats needed to fix. They have had it 10 days and it is just sitting there. Only reason they ordered microwave is I had proved to them it was dead. What is wrong with RV dealers. I would think they would have one tech to trouble shot campers as they came in and then order parts needed to get RV back on the road and make the customer happy. I guess since all of them suck they don't need repeat customers or to be recommended to others. Buyers just try another dealer so they rotate them around. Funny thing is when you take Rv for service they make you sign a paper saying you will come back and pick it up and not leave it there. I think I should have gone with my first thought and backed it right through the front doors and dropped it right there . If I had the money I could open a dealer and treat buyers right and do a proper PDI and get them back on the road and have repeat buyers I could be rich
Old 05-18-2015, 09:52 PM   #40

Oh wait people who buy RV would never believe that and would have a heart attack or stroke! No repeat buyer.

Tags
cat, wildcat