Old 07-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #11

I did try it again on my last trip with a good,hose connection at the dump station ... And water did flow out the black tank .... But flow seemed about half of what my quickie flush used to produce. Never did find a backflow anywhere, checked the sink and nothing there. I'm guessing it's all hidden?

Old 07-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #12
GLCM Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taybrynn View Post
I did try it again on my last trip with a good,hose connection at the dump station ... And water did flow out the black tank .... But flow seemed about half of what my quickie flush used to produce. Never did find a backflow anywhere, checked the sink and nothing there. I'm guessing it's all hidden?

My black tank rinse leaked out through the underbelly the first 2 times I tried to use it. Dealer said that it was caused by a loose fitting on the anti-siphon valve located in the cavity behind the shower control valves. Not sure about your coach...but it might be there in yours too?

Best wishes...

Lefty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:59 PM   #13

This whole anti siphon valve seems like a totally unnecessary thing ... For something you hook up temporarily for 5min to back flush from a dump station. Seriously?
Old 07-03-2014, 10:01 PM   #14

Is it advisable to temporarily open up the underbelly by removing the screws ... Or bad idea?
Old 07-03-2014, 10:13 PM   #15

Not really, if your CG lost water pressure just " for a few minutes " you and your neighbors could be infected with black water, before you could realize it! A vacuum is a powerful thing.-----

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #16

Point well taken. But my typical use is at a dump station not at a full service site, thus making me want to do a "quick" black flush. Ok, well it's either not a very good flusher or something's not working quite right and there is no documentation on how to service this thing or where it's even located. It works but is way worse than my $15 quickie flush I installed myself on the last trailer. This leads me back to conventional back flushing or install my own quickie flush.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #17

Wildcat Chris --- can you elaborate on how the black tank flush is supposed to work? Is it just a way to fill up the tank , so it can be filled up ... Or is it supposed to be more like a quickie flush or tornado flusher? Also, I am not seeing a high flow of water coming out when using it with good pressure .... So I wonder how to troubleshoot it. It's been a real disappointment so far but I'm trying to understand what it should be doing . I had a quickie flush on my last camper and it worked like a dream. This flush doesn't do much at all by comparison.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:35 PM   #18

Mine works great after changing out the valve beneath the bedroom sink when I first bought the trailer. It works great, you can hear the water pounding on the sides of the tank when hooked up....
Good luck hope you get it working properly, its a very nice feature...

Bill
2008 GMC Duramx-2500HD 4x4 CrewCab
52 Gallon Titan Fuel Tank
Reese18K Signature Series 5th Wheel Hitch With Slider #30085
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:17 AM   #19
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taybrynn View Post
Wildcat Chris --- can you elaborate on how the black tank flush is supposed to work? Is it just a way to fill up the tank , so it can be filled up ... Or is it supposed to be more like a quickie flush or tornado flusher? Also, I am not seeing a high flow of water coming out when using it with good pressure .... So I wonder how to troubleshoot it. It's been a real disappointment so far but I'm trying to understand what it should be doing . I had a quickie flush on my last camper and it worked like a dream. This flush doesn't do much at all by comparison.
The black tank flush feature uses a built in sprayer to actively assist in flushing out the tank. See the photo from the Forest River website for a visual:

If you're having issues with this feature, please see your local Wildcat dealer to troubleshoot this further. I'll ask some more questions on my end and see if there's any tips or tricks I can pass on!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:52 AM   #20

Thanks Chris .. This is very helpful !!

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, tank