Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2018, 02:35 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 21
black water

we have a brand new wildcat maxx 285rkx, we went boondocking for a little over a week and i noticed on about the 4th day our bathroom gray water tank was full so i hooked a garden hose to the outlet to drain so out on the ground and it was black water, i thought mabye they mixed up labels on valves so i opened the black water valve and it was black water also so i have black water in both tanks. Has anyone else had this problem?
__________________

MinerDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:29 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
SeaDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 6,073
that sure seems strange my gray seems like black sometimes from the stuff (like coffee) I have put down the sink.
__________________

__________________
Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab)
2017 RAM 2500 CC 4X4 Cummins Diesel
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:43 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 1,231
I don't know how your rig is plumbed, but is it possible that the black water is leaking into the main dump pipe? (Have no idea of the correct terminology.)
__________________
Happy Camping!

2015 Dynamax REV 24TB class C
2nd rig 2006 Toyota Tundra &
2010 Cikira 21RB 19' travel trailer
Reverse_snowbird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:25 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
that sure seems strange my gray seems like black sometimes from the stuff (like coffee) I have put down the sink.


Kitchen sink has a separate rear holding tank in my 2019 285rkx. Not sure whatís coming out of my front tanks yet. From experience I can tell you the valves were open from the factory. Not a fun time when I opened the cap to put the hose on to empty!!
__________________
Don
dongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:58 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by dongreg View Post
Kitchen sink has a separate rear holding tank in my 2019 285rkx. Not sure whatís coming out of my front tanks yet. From experience I can tell you the valves were open from the factory. Not a fun time when I opened the cap to put the hose on to empty!!
Probably were left open at the dealer not the factory as the dealer is required to check the systems before the new owner receives the RV.


__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:17 PM   #6
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Posts: 3,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinerDoug View Post
we have a brand new wildcat maxx 285rkx, we went boondocking for a little over a week and i noticed on about the 4th day our bathroom gray water tank was full so i hooked a garden hose to the outlet to drain so out on the ground and it was black water, i thought mabye they mixed up labels on valves so i opened the black water valve and it was black water also so i have black water in both tanks. Has anyone else had this problem?
You do realize that dumping any sewer tanks on the ground is not the right thing to do...

Even when boondocking.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:27 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Posts: 4,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
You do realize that dumping any sewer tanks on the ground is not the right thing to do...

Even when boondocking.
In neither situation did the OP intentionally dump black.

Many parks allow gray on the ground. mine is one of them.
__________________
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired Master Electrician.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:45 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
You do realize that dumping any sewer tanks on the ground is not the right thing to do...

Even when boondocking.
X2...it doesn't solve the OP's problem but even gray water shouldn't be dumped on the ground IMOP.

My suspicion, as another post suggests, the gray just looks black. I can't see black water flowing thru a garden hose without plugging with turds and turd tickets.
Hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:45 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 28
I would dump and flush both tanks.. then use a water hose and check what water comes out where, like putting hose in shower and see what tank it comes of....
__________________

rcrupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black, black water, water

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM.


×