Old 10-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #1

Cable TV issues

Just recently bought a 2014 312BHX and we are having issues trying to get park cable to work. We hook up to the outside of the camper and the entertainment center TV (toshiba) can not find any cable service. We had cable in the mater bedroom, but no where else. I have tried searching channels, disconnecting and reconnecting, restart from factory settings, and we get nothing. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Old 10-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by E41555 View Post
Just recently bought a 2014 312BHX and we are having issues trying to get park cable to work. We hook up to the outside of the camper and the entertainment center TV (toshiba) can not find any cable service. We had cable in the mater bedroom, but no where else. I have tried searching channels, disconnecting and reconnecting, restart from factory settings, and we get nothing. Has anyone else ran into this issue?
What model roof antenna do you have? A Winegard Sensar type should have a wall plate with a black push button on it.

IN (Light On) = Roof antenna supplying signal to all TVs
OUT (Light Out) = Park Cable enabled (Roof antenna disconnected)

It is possible you hooked the park cable to the SAT outside, which is home run to a single wall plate somewhere in your camper (maybe the master bedroom).

In this photo, the upper connection is for Satellite ONLY. The cable is controlled by the black push button.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Winegard Wall PLate Amp.pdf (143.1 KB, 47 views)

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #3

I have one cable plug on the outside of the camper that we plugged the park cable into and the plate in the bedroom looks similar but, I have attached a picture of ours. I have tried both with the light on and the light off and I have nothing. And, I do have an outlet for satellite tv and there is a bypass cable in there right now. They said if I wasn't using satellite that would allow the cable to bypass it.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by E41555 View Post
I have one cable plug on the outside of the camper that we plugged the park cable into and the plate in the bedroom looks similar but, I have attached a picture of ours. I have tried both with the light on and the light off and I have nothing. And, I do have an outlet for satellite tv and there is a bypass cable in there right now. They said if I wasn't using satellite that would allow the cable to bypass it.
Your photo did not come through. I would remove the wall plate and make sure all the cables are properly connected.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
PPST OGCDG

Could it possibly be a Cable Splitter hooked up backwards?
In our 2005 Wildcat 29rlbs there was a Cable Splitter hooked up backwards. We could get reception in the bed room but none to living area.
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:17 AM   #6

I have a 2015 Rockwood 2703ws. Recently I hooked up the cable for the first time in a KOA. I am getting nothing in the living room, bedroom or the outside connection. I took a portable TV and hooked it directly to the KOA cable outlet and that worked. Does anyone know the cable diagram and where the splitters are located? I did remove the cable connection inlet on the side of the trailer and tightened both connections that were loose and still no signal.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:44 PM   #7

Check to make sure you have the jumper connected where all the connections are for the TV and radio