Old 02-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #1

Clarification needed - for Wildcat Chris

We are in discussions with dealer re submitting a factory order for 2012 Wildcat Sterling Edition, and there seems to be some conflicting info re what is "standard factory included" items, versus what are "extra cost" options.

The 2012 brochure describes the Sterling Edition thusly "includes all the Wildcat standards plus the following upgraded feature set". Then follows a set of "mandatory options items" and a set of "Sterling Package items".

So the question is: If we specify a factory order for a 2012 Wildcat Sterling Edition at whatever quoted/negotiated price that we arrive at, are all the "mandatory options" as described in the brochure included in that price, plus selected items from the "Optional Features" list, or is the "Mandatory Options" list items added on the the factory suggested price for the Sterling Edition?

This whole thing is very confusing because our local dealer seems to want to add on extra cost for things like Corian counters, Trump Serta Mattress , TV set, etc; which are already listed in the Sterling Edition features list. Please note that I am not asking about any item that is listed in the "Optional Features list", as I realize that anything selected there would by at additional cost.

We are not sure if we are not understanding our sales guy, or if the sales guy is not well enough informed on what he is attempting to sell.

...VTX-Al
Code:
:confused:

Old 02-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Std options should be included. Optional should be extra.
Our brochure had some std options that were model specific and didn't always apply to all models. But was noted in brochure.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
Now a "Top Member"

It'll be interesting to see what Chris says. In my mind (such as it is!!), if it is "Standard" and/or "Mandatory", that is how it should come from the factory. So if the Serta and Corian counters are one of those, it should be included in the factory price.
Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #4

Sounds to me like the dealer is trying to jack up the price of the Sterling on you. Confusion is a sales tactic. Personally, I would walk away from this dealer and look elsewhere.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #5

Best bet when a major decision has to be made is to get a second opinion. From personal shopping experience, it is apparent some dealers just happen to make "mistakes" that don't ever seem to be in the customer's favor.
I'd be curious to hear if another dealer is offering you the same "deal."
Westernflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
JAYCO Representative

Without going into too much detail, please see this post:
Wildcat Sterling 5th wheel

Where is your dealer located?
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #7
JAYCO Representative

Exclamation Please check the forest river web site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
It'll be interesting to see what Chris says. In my mind (such as it is!!), if it is "Standard" and/or "Mandatory", that is how it should come from the factory. So if the Serta and Corian counters are one of those, it should be included in the factory price.
Standard and Mandatory Options (oxymoron, yes, but also typical in auto and RV buying) are always included in the factory build. All optional equipment will be listed as such on the web site and brochure -- they mirror our pricing/order work sheets:

Sterling Edition standards: Wildcat Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels Standard Features

Sterling Edition options: Wildcat Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels Optional Features
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #8

For the record... As of march 5th 2012 this should not be confusing anymore. We have listened and now all mandatory options will become standards. We are in the process updating the web site and hope to have that done by the end of next week. You have said it and we have changed it. Thanks for the positive thoughts! Keep them coming in...

Safe travels,

Team Wildcat
Tomcat
Old 03-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
camping

It does sound confusing- I would take the quote from the dealer and shop it around- see if they are treating you right. then you would know..... you might end up with a better price

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #10

Thanks Tomcat and your team. This viewed as a smart change and will make my negociation and puchase discussions with the sales people much less confusing. Our family is looking forward to a new WC Sterling parked in the driveway. Thanks again!