Old 08-01-2018, 01:51 PM   #1

Drawers

I have a 2016 sgx28 wildcat any ideas out there about keeping drawers and cabinets from opening in my travels? It seems also that they come off track easily. Thank you

MichaelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #2

We fasten the cabinet doors that are in pairs to each other using a thing kind of like a pony tail holder with a plastic ball on it. Just band the handles to each other.

We have one door next to the bed on the side what has the slide out that we use an one of the PTH and a Command Strip hook to keep closed.

Parrott_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:52 PM   #3

One of the things we do to any RV we have purchased is to replace all the drawer/cabinet catches with higher quality hardware with a greater pull resistance. Usually 15-25lb depending on the strength need. Also either adjust or replace drawer slides with higher quality.

Saves us time in the long run to just get it over with all at once

Much nicer hardware can be found at most hardware stores.
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:21 PM   #4

On my Cedar Creek I was having problems with drawers jamming on close and the soft close failing. It seemed that the installer didn't adjust the cabinet portion of the slides so they were perpendicular to the cabinet face frames. This was causing the failure. I installed new Name & Vogt 8400 RV slides and shimmed them so they were perpendicular. No issues yet. Had to replace 4 of them and will replace others as they fail. These slides are made specifically for RVs - while they are not soft close they are stay close and if you want something that works these may be it.