Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2017, 07:31 PM   #1

eternal porch light

Wildcat Maxx 27RLS After 4 weeks on the road, much of it in the rain, we had few issues that couldn't be solved with a little detective work. Pulled up in front of our home to find the porch light on. Tried flipping the switch on the control panel to no avail. Pulled the panel off and disconnected the wires to no avail. Anyone have any idea where this light is getting its power?
fishtherun
fishtherun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:26 PM   #2

My 2002 has 3 switches at the door. One for the outside white light. One for the yellow bug light. The third is for the interior ceiling lights. By control panel, I assume you are referring to the fuse/breaker panel. That is where the power comes from for all the lighting.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:11 PM   #3

eternal porch light

The control panel is just inside the door and controls the slide out, stabilizers, awning, interior lights and exterior lights, water pump and water heater. I also tried turning off all of the breakers but that had no effect. At this point, until I can figure out where its getting is electricity from, I'll just disconnect the battery power. I appreciate your thoughts on the matter. I was told by a service mechanic at the dealer that there is a lot of duplication of ground wires for the various circuits. But that doesn't explain why it has worked prior to this and suddenly fails to shut off.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:44 PM   #4

I had a similar issue last week. Evidently I had turned the external light on with my remote and I could onky turn it off with the remote. After that I could use the control panel switch.
We4nolans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:12 PM   #5

eternal porch light

That was it. We must have inadvertently turned it on with the remote. We have never used the remote for the light so it never occurred to me to try it. Thank you so much.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:09 AM   #6

My trailer is in MA. and I'm in Florida. If I remember correctly, the white light is 110 volt and the yellow is 12 volt.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:57 AM   #7

Depending on the year, a lot of the newer Wildcats came with a remote control for front stabilizers and surprisingly, also controlled the outside light. Funny thing is, on the 262RGX we had, the only way to turn it off was with the remote control.. Kind of odd, that, but seemed to be the only way to turn it iff that we could find.
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light