Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
JAYCO Representative

Thumbs up Favorite Wildcat floorplan?

What's your favorite Wildcat floor plan of all time? Past or present, please tell us which one is your favorite and why!

We're about to launch a new floor plan and are always looking for the next great idea. Feel free to give your suggestions on the next great Wildcat floor plan too!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #2

Wildcat Sterling 32RL

Hi!

We looked at almost every 5th wheel we could get into and some just by web search once we got an good idea what we were looking for. We chose the 32RL due to the size of the living room. When you are looking at the ascertainment center or fireplace you do not see the kitchen and the view from the rear picture window is fabulous. The skylight makes the interior very bright and if it is too sunny then the shade can be pulled across the skylight.

We had 6 in the trailer for Thanksgiving dinner and did not feel crowded. The bathroom and refrigerator are completely accessible with the slides closed. The only thing I would change is to have the bedroom door swing the other way so I can get to clothes if required without opening the slide.

Other than that the layout is perfect for us and guests (grown Children and significant others). They can use the pull out in the sofa or blow up a queen size on the floor which makes it very versatile.

We love it and our camping neighbors usually come over for a chat and look over. My DW and I love it very much.

2004 Ford F550 6l Lariat SuperCrew, Fontaine Bed,
Link Systems Air Ride
2011 Sterling 32RL with Michelin XPS tires
extremebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
Now a "Top Member"

We really like our 28RKBS, and got it mainly because of the truck I had at the time. It was right at the limit of what I knew I could safely pull. Plus we like the layout of it, especially the L sofa and the kitchen. The one thing we wish was different is the "throne room". It's just a bit crowded as it is in this model.

As we look at shows now, if we could do it again, or if we were ready to retire and spend more time in it, we probably would have gotten (or would get) the model with the front living room. That is a really nice unit.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
win

Well we have the 28RK and we love the floor plan, except as mentioned the throne is cramped, but hey, i don't spend a lot of time on the can anyways
win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #5

25RL realy liked the lay out it is different than the new west coast ones I like that they moved the bed room door but I wish they put another slide on the bed room for a wardrobe that way it would have more storage up stairs. Really miss the old fiver storage it had alot for its size it was a 21ft FourWinds. Also I like the newer style table seating that wraps around the table but seems like the table is way to small. Also the newer ones don't come with Corian counter tops Mine did so I don't understand why they did away with them?

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
Site Team

32RK and if it had a place for a W/D, it would be perfect for full-timing!
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #7
JAYCO Representative

Thumbs up eXtraLite 293REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonford View Post
25RL realy liked the lay out it is different than the new west coast ones I like that they moved the bed room door but I wish they put another slide on the bed room for a wardrobe that way it would have more storage up stairs. Really miss the old fiver storage it had alot for its size it was a 21ft FourWinds. Also I like the newer style table seating that wraps around the table but seems like the table is way to small. Also the newer ones don't come with Corian counter tops Mine did so I don't understand why they did away with them?
Have you looked at the new 293REX? It's our improved version of the 25RL concept...
Old 04-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
JAYCO Representative

Wink Washer/dryer in a Wildcat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
32RK and if it had a place for a W/D, it would be perfect for full-timing!
I'll let our design team know what you're looking for! We've been doing a lot of research into how washer/dryer prep could "fit" our new line up...
Old 04-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #9
JAYCO Representative

Arrow Vote for your favorite Wildcat on Facebook!

If you're a Facebook user, please vote here:
What's your favorite Wildcat?

There's a spot to add other models too...
Old 04-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #10
Campfire Master

Well...it took me 6 months to convince the DW to get a new Wildcat. Now she is torn between the Sterling 32RK and the 32RL. Hope it doesn't take another 6 months for her to decide!
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #11

My favorite living area floorplan was in the 2003/4 27RK Wildcat we had many years ago. The open floorplan made the living area feel larger than it was. That open floorplan and decent kitchen counter space is why we bought our new CC Silverback 29RL.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #12

Have you looked at the new 293REX? It's our improved version of the 25RL concept...

Sorry Chris it is a little to long for my carport and what I like would still have to be under 30 ft. Thanks anyway but I did look at that unit not interested in the outside kitchen either. Just me and the wife so really just need something small and the 25RL I fits us OK. One question is it possible to Retrofit the slamlatch doors on Mine Might be intrested in doing that over the doors it has now it would make the passthru compartment more insulated and a little more secure.

Thanks onetonford

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

chris as I have mentioned in the past on one of your posts you do not have a floor plan we liked at all . we did love the wildcat 5ers we looked at but not the floor plans in general .
the floor plan we bought from sabre was what we were hoping to find in a wildcat .
flagstaff had a similar floor plan that we liked but no outside kitchen . I believe a 8528bhws ?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #14
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

32QBBS. Not just because I have one but it meets our needs and beyond. The entertainment center is in the correct location, the toilet is seperate from the shower, the bunks and the fact they are up front, hydraulics gear, and the large basement. The only complaint from the wife is counter space.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #15

312bhx-ok would be great if it had a bunk room slide out on the opposite site of the outdoor kitchen.

Thanks
Rex
Old 04-05-2012, 07:14 AM   #16

really like our wildcat 31TS, lots of floor space, intertainment center is great location, only thing that I would like diffrent is seperate control of each slide. the floor plan that superceds my 31TS has a better kitchen layout however no major complaints here.
Denny in Los Lunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #17

We are interested in the 282RKX. We have a 2005 Rockwood with a similar floor plan but like the larger tanks. We like the rear kitchen due to the fact that in a fifth wheel this size it allows for more counter space. It also has the two nightstands instead of the closet on the one side. The weight is also a consideration as I like a little buffer on the weight for the truck I pull with. We are just waiting to find one so we can actually see it in person.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #18
Hob

Don't have a favorite floorplan. I might make that decision if Wildcat didn't use a Lippert frame for their fiver.
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extralite, forest river, sterling, wildcat