Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #1

Thumbs down Forest River and La-Z-Boy

Just wanted to talk about my displeasure with the relationship between Forest River and La-Z-Boy. Long story short both of our heated/massaging La-Z-Boys didn't heat or massage at our pdi. We dropped our rig off Oct 19th after a little over 1 month of ownership to get these replaced along with some other fixes. I was told by the dealer it would take about a month for the recliners to be replaced. 3 MONTHS later we are still waiting for La-Z-Boy to step up and fix the recliners because I was told they will not be replaced, only repaired. La-Z-Boy stated Forest River was the original owner because they were sold to them at the time of build so that basically started this off in the wrong direction. We bought our '12 29MK brand new we are the first owners. Next, after I guess that got resolved with a lot of fighting, La-Z-Boy wanted to charge Forest River $75 to come out and look at the recliners which Forest River refused to pay. All the while we are still out the use of our camper while they basically point fingers at each other. Supposedly this Tuesday La-Z-Boy should be out to the dealer with the parts to finally fix these things. They were supposed to be out last week to fix the recliners and didn't, so we'll see if they can get their crap together this time so we can take our camper out and do some winter camping.

I don't know if the relationship with La-Z-Boy is new or not, but this is unacceptable in my opinon. Not sure if one of the Wildcat reps can forward this on to someone higher up to get La-Z-Boy on the same page as I don't think anyone should have to go through this nonsense.
Thanks for letting me vent...

Bob
4x4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Site Team

Wildcat Chris should be replying to your thread, he's a Wildcat rep.

i'd be interested in his response since we've been looking at the Sterling 32RK or the Wildcat 322RK and would want the Lazy Boy recliners.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #3

Sorry to hear about your issue and hope it get's resolved soon

Sucks when you get another companies product (La -Z- Boy) and the parent company (Forest River) suffer's because of it.

This happens to alot of companies - the company I work for has seen a few of these issues over the years - what we do is switch them to another product that does the same thing so hopefully it will get resolved.
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #4

lay-z-boy

we had problems with recliners by lay-z-boy in our home. this company is the worst!!! they will not stand behind their products. and, they are now known far and wide for their customer-no-service. we'll never buy anything from them ever again. hope forest river is listening...they need to find another supplier. dealing with lay-z-boy is an exercise in futility. they really don't give a $#!%.
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #5
JAYCO Representative

I'll look into this right away -- this is definitely out of the norm for La-Z-Boy in my experience. Bob (4x4man), can you send me a private message with your VIN and contact information? That will help me get this into the right people's hands...

For the record, Forest River has an exclusive relationship with La-Z-Boy in the RV industry and we've had a great track record offering this residential upgrade across many of our products lines. The heated massage recliners Wildcat has been offering for the last year have been a big hit with our retail customers (we've offered La-Z-Boy upgrades for years now). I haven't heard about any problems like the one described in this thread.
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #6

PM sent Chris.
Thanks again for your help in getting me in touch with Kyle a few weeks ago in regards to getting a replacement metal skirt piece. For my troubles my dealer is actually going to install this piece for free as they said it was the least they could do for me.
Bob
4x4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
JAYCO Representative

Smile I'll try to help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4man View Post
PM sent Chris.
Thanks again for your help in getting me in touch with Kyle a few weeks ago in regards to getting a replacement metal skirt piece. For my troubles my dealer is actually going to install this piece for free as they said it was the least they could do for me.
Bob
I got your info -- I'll see what I can do to assist! I want to be sure I've got all the information correct, so I'll be pointing our supplier and service personnel straight to this page.

Again, Forest River and La-Z-Boy have had a great relationship and, in my experience, it's very uncommon to have issues with their furniture. We've actually had quite the opposite -- at the RV show I just worked, the heated massage chairs were the hit of the show!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #8

Just got a call from my dealer, the la-z-boy reps just finished up and the chairs are now heating and massaging. The gal told me that the backs heat and the bottoms massage....too bad it isn't the other way around. I'd rather my back get massaged than my butt.

The sheet metal is supposed to be in by 5pm today so we are still on track to have the rig back on Friday.

Small steps, but getting closer to closure.

Bob
Old 01-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #9

Just a follow up, we picked up the rig Friday afternoon. La-z-boy's work like a champ, it is the lumbar that heats and massages so thankfully it is not how the office lady said.

Today I got the Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C with remote display installed. Next project is the Equaflex and wet bolt kit, gonna get that ordered tomorrow...hopefully Tweety's still stocks them as I don't see it listed on their site anymore.