Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2016, 04:26 PM   #1

Frame repair

The rear corners of my unit have loosened so that water can get into the opening. How is the best way to repair this problem?? What kind of material is the corner made of??
gdwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:23 PM   #2

A lot more information would be required for suggestions to be offered as we have no idea which RV brand, model #, construction, age, as well as where in the rear is it leaking, just to mention a few. How about some pictures of the area that's "coming apart"?
There's lots of good folks here with tons on info and very willing to help you, you just need to provide enough info about your problem so they can understand what your facing to ensure the info they provide really does HELP you, not cause more problems.
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:15 PM   #3

Frame repair

Thanks for your thoughts.
My unit is a 2010 Wildcat, model 29RLBS. The photo shows the right rear corner of the unit.
Unable to attach photo
Note that caulking has pulled free from the metal covering for the corner. This loosing is the result of water seeping into the area behind the sealed area and vibration of the unit moving down the road.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:20 PM   #4

If you'll send me a message at gdwah2@yahoo.com I can attach the picture
Old 06-22-2016, 09:41 PM   #5

Frame repair

The correct ema address to ask for a pic of the damage area is gdwash2@yahoo.com.
Thanks gene
Old 06-24-2016, 09:00 AM   #6
Site Team

It's best to post the pictures here so everyone can see what's going on.

You're probably going to have to remove the siding and rebuild the corner then replace the siding, but I can't know for sure without pics.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:53 AM   #7

Frame repair

Thanks for your response. I've taken a pic of the area in question and would love to share it with everyone. The problem is that it is in my iPhone and I can't figure out how to copy and paste the photo into this forum. The forum requires a http url to pic up the photo. I have no clue how to drive that.
Any way thanks for your idea of having to remove siding etc. the outer material is fiber glass Based on a conversation with the service manager at a Wildcat dealer. The corner is a piece of wood. The wood is problably deteriorated to some extent. So I wondering how you go about replacing that wood so the outer corner cap can be replaced and sealed with caulk
Old 06-24-2016, 10:36 AM   #8
Site Team

Sorry I didn't go look to see that it was fiberglass. Removing the siding isn't an option.

I don't know if you can access it from the inside by removing the paneling and trim.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:15 AM   #9

Frame repair

I finally figured out how to provide a picture It's attached.
Thanks for your comments. I hope that the pic might be helpful in suggesting further repair options
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	112012  

Tags
frame, repair