Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2014, 08:37 PM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
Fresh water drain 2015 282RKX

O.K. I need a little help, maybe from you, Wildcat Chris. Have a 2015 Wildcat 282RKX (with the 2014 frame).

I cannot find a fresh water drain anywhere under the fifth wheel. I have several low point drains with caps but that's it. Is this for the Fresh water to drain?

Is the only way to drain the fresh water is to put the pump on and open faucets and let it drain into the grey tanks? This is our first trailer of any kind.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cover Dog

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:53 PM   #2

While I have a different trailer I will guess one of the capped tubes is the fresh water tank drain.

On mine, behind the curbside tires are two tubes one capped the uncapped is the overflow capped is the tank drain.
Street side in front of the tires is the two low point drains both are capped.

If you are willing put a few drops of food dye in the tank, do not start the pump or use the city connection.

Uncap the tubes until you find the one with the dye that one will most likely be the tank drain.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cover Dog View Post
O.K. I need a little help, maybe from you, Wildcat Chris. Have a 2015 Wildcat 282RKX (with the 2014 frame).

I cannot find a fresh water drain anywhere under the fifth wheel. I have several low point drains with caps but that's it. Is this for the Fresh water to drain?

Is the only way to drain the fresh water is to put the pump on and open faucets and let it drain into the grey tanks? This is our first trailer of any kind.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cover Dog
I have the same model. On mine, it's to the right of the sewer- it's just a little black cap on a blue hose poking out from under the underbelly lining. It looks like a PVC garden hose. There should be a label on the body that says "FRESH WATER DRAIN"- on mine there is. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture, but if you're still having trouble, I can run over and snap one.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfed78 View Post
I have the same model. On mine, it's to the right of the sewer- it's just a little black cap on a blue hose poking out from under the underbelly lining. It looks like a PVC garden hose. There should be a label on the body that says "FRESH WATER DRAIN"- on mine there is. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture, but if you're still having trouble, I can run over and snap one.
I happened to run over to the RV for something else, so I grabbed some pictures. I've attached them to this post. Hope that helps,

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140908_125359.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	62472   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140908_125414.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	62473  
Old 09-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #5

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfed78 View Post
I happened to run over to the RV for something else, so I grabbed some pictures. I've attached them to this post. Hope that helps,

Matt
Matt, thanks for the pictures. Mine was labeled Lowpoint drain so I will have to change that.

I put on the same waste valve because every time I dumped I had a gallon or so of gray water run out as I hooked up my sewer hose. Must be overflow when traveling down the road.

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, fresh water, water