Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2019, 04:57 PM   #1

Fresh water tank drain location

I have a 2018 Wildcat Maxx 295 with the winterized under carriage. I can't find the drain for the fresh water tank anywhere. Could it be in all that foam under the water tank? Do I cut a hole to get to it or what. Does anyone know the exact location of the drain valve. It does not seem to be the low point drain because nothing is coming out of that and the tank is still full. Thanks
Jim Legoullon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Legoullon View Post
I have a 2018 Wildcat Maxx 295 with the winterized under carriage. I can't find the drain for the fresh water tank anywhere. Could it be in all that foam under the water tank? Do I cut a hole to get to it or what. Does anyone know the exact location of the drain valve. It does not seem to be the low point drain because nothing is coming out of that and the tank is still full. Thanks
Get on you hands and knees at the FW filler location. You will find it sticking down underneath. It will have a valve on it either underneath of in a wet bay
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:35 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I did that but all I see is the plastic sheet of underbelly that covers all the insulating foam. Everything under there is covered and sealed. I guess I have to cut a little door into that plastic sheet and dig around in the foam and then put new foam back and seal up the cover I cut?
Old 12-07-2019, 05:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I did that but all I see is the plastic sheet of underbelly that covers all the insulating foam. Everything under there is covered and sealed. I guess I have to cut a little door into that plastic sheet and dig around in the foam and then put new foam back and seal up the cover I cut?
before you start cutting, call the dealer and see if they can help you.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:45 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
before you start cutting, call the dealer and see if they can help you.
X2 - if you can't find it crawling around under the unit, call the dealer. My Wildcat is not a Max but my fresh water tank drain is directly out the bottom of the FW tank - it's a short piece of blue tubing with a screw on/off cap.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:09 PM   #6

Thanks everyone. I will get under there again but call the dealer first.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:21 PM   #7

My Keystone has the plastic underbelly also. I do not have low point drains but I do have a FW tank drain with a valve. I will be close to the FW tank fill.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:28 PM   #8

Interesting. I have seen several RVs with no fresh tank drains (drain by running the pump), but I have never seen an RV w/o low point drains. Learn something every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
My Keystone has the plastic underbelly also. I do not have low point drains but I do have a FW tank drain with a valve. I will be close to the FW tank fill.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:45 PM   #9

So turn off the city water, open the low point, run the pump until it stops pumping? I guess the pump can run for a few seconds without water. That would probably work and I don't have to cut into the insulation. Thanks
Old 12-07-2019, 06:48 PM   #10

That would work. And the water pump can run for hours w/o water, I accidently tested that last year
Quote:
So turn off the city water, open the low point, run the pump until it stops pumping? I guess the pump can run for a few seconds without water. That would probably work and I don't have to cut into the insulation. Thanks
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:09 PM   #11

2017 wildcat 29rlx. FW drain is behind the left rear wheel. I missed it originally but when i was fastening the insides of the tire/wheel covers I saw it. Not easy to see and not marked. It is now.
fred3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Interesting. I have seen several RVs with no fresh tank drains (drain by running the pump), but I have never seen an RV w/o low point drains. Learn something every day.
It would be real easy to add. If I lived in a cold climate, I would be adding it.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 12:28 PM   #13

mine is in front of left front wheel. It's a 1/2" chrome 1/4 turn ball valve that's tee'd into the line from tank to pump. Previous toy hauler had a 1.5" gate valve in the tank itself, that was NICE, dumped 150 gallons in minutes, my Maxx takes an hour or so to drain through the 1/2" valve. Get a creeper and roll around under the trailer, I'm sure you'll find a drain.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 12:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Did you ever find your fresh water drain?
Like one of the previous replies, mine is also a 29RLX and my drain is located on the left side, aft of the wheels.
blackcat1965 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, drain, fresh water, location, tank, water, water tank