Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #1

Got the 312BHX After 5 Weeks!

We were pleasantly surprised to receive our new 312BHX well ahead of schedule. We were told 6 weeks, but many posts on here mentioned much longer waits.

We absolutely love it! We went with the standard bunkhouse dinette for extra storage and seating. We love this layout.

We upgraded from a 2004 Surveyor 21ft hybrid. We loved our old trailer and crisscrossed the country in it. But, the new 5er is like the Taj Mahal in comparison. Since we live in Colorado where a/c is almost never needed, we went with the standard single a/c unit. We were surprised at how well it worked in Iowa last week with temps in the mid to high 80s and high humidity. If you live in extremely hot/humid weather, the dual units are probably worth it, but it didn't feel necessary to us.

It does have a few items that it's in the shop for:

1. The microwave runs, but it doesn't heat anything.
2. The landing gear did not work the first time I used it. I had to manually crank it part way and then the electronics worked. It's worked since.
3. The rear stabilizers worked the first time I used them, but only 1 jack worked the 2nd time, neither worked the 3rd, then 1 again after that.
4. The running lights did not work after taking delivery. One of the crimps in the harness was loose and 2 wires dislodged.

These are disappointing and reflect hastiness in quality inspection. However, I am very glad we bought local and have a great dealer who's quick to resolve issues.

Overall, we feel the quality is excellent (outside of the electronics issues), the floorplan is exactly what we wanted, and the creature comforts are on a much grander scale than we are used to.

If you are looking for a bunkhouse, I highly recommend looking at the 312BHX.
scroses40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
JAYCO Representative

Thank you for your kind words. We truly appreciate your business!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #3

Congrats on the new RV. We have the same model and love it.
I am lucky to get a model where everything works. It must of been a show model.
We have only done one mod so far. The mattress was switched out after one night. We were used to our pillowtop.
We have many mods in the process. 2" hitch on rear, generator and a Lazy Boy recliner.
Good luck and enjoy your new toy.

Bryan & Susan
2013 XLR Thunderbolt 300X12 Toy Hauler
2013 Chev 2500HD Crew Cab, Duramax, Allison
Ret. US Army Aviator
bdn56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #4

Very nice. Glad you are enjoying your's as much as we are. Curious, though. Where are you putting the Lazy Boy?

For mods, we have a cabinet face on order. For the non-OK model, they leave the space to the left of the fridge, under the counter, open for access to an outside fridge. We plan on putting in our own drawers. We thought we'd need it for a trash can, but the can works just fine in the open under the pantry door.

Shawn
scroses40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #5

I am planning on adding a big pots and pan drawer under the stove as well. But I will just make a drawer front and stain it to match. One benefit of being a cabinet maker. Lol
the.wilsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #6

Congrats on your 312...I hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
Wildcat Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
JAYCO Representative

For the sake of discussion, your Wildcat dealer IS able to get you current Wildcat door and drawer fronts through our parts and service department!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote