Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2015, 09:17 AM   #1

heading to elkhart to pickup wildcat

We just got the call on Friday that our wildcat was ready to be picked up from the service center as they are repainting the front cap and then going to reskin the back of the unit due to the gel coat fade problem while in goshen having some work done one of the service techs working on our unit said he had never seen a unit faded so badly and we should talk to the service manager upon doing so they agreed it should be taken care of so we scheduled it, and took it over on October 9th they said three weeks, but kepping in contact wth rick the service manager he said the paint shop was way behind so it took longer but they did winterize it with antifreeze and we did have a small list of other things and he said they would go thru it with a fine tooh comb so head over Tuesdayafter work pick it up on Wednesday morning bring it home do some mouse prevention take to storage unIt
can't wait to see it. And for next spring to get here to get it back out
thank you forest river

Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey
muddyrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:08 PM   #2

Sounds like Wildcat took good care of you. Enjoy when you get it back, we sure feel like we got a great Rv when we choose our 28RKX Wildcat MAXX.
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:57 AM   #3
Censored Member

So how did your Wildcat look when you picked it up? Did they take care of the issues to your satisfaction?
ManlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:05 AM   #4

sorry for the delayed response
we pick up the wild cat both the front cap and the rear end look great color match is dead on new decals now i need to buff out the sides to make them shine and take some of the oxidation off when picking it up rick came out and we did a walk through he said they found a problem with the bed room slide as most of the hardware was lose or off so they fixed that put all new slide seals on resealed the roof put all new trim insert molding on the out side went through the inside put on some new trim new cabinet molding they didn't like the way the bath door shut so fixed it resealed the entry door
we feel they went way above and beyond our expectations and i feel like the camping GOD has chosen me to shine down upon this year
how could i not refer someone to buy a forest river product
thank you forest river

Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey
muddyrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:38 AM   #5
Censored Member

Good to hear FR took care of you. Thanks for the update.
ManlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:39 AM   #6

This is how I was treated by XLR. It's nice to see a post about a positive experience! People usually go online to complain but forget to praise when it's due...
Karl4Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:07 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I just got my Wildcat 327ck back last week from Elkhart and it looked great. They replaced both side walls because of some cracking around the rear slides, painted the front cap and replaced the awing. It had some issues but Forest River stepped up and did it right. We are telling all our friends we were happy in the end.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrode View Post
sorry for the delayed response
we pick up the wild cat both the front cap and the rear end look great color match is dead on new decals now i need to buff out the sides to make them shine and take some of the oxidation off when picking it up rick came out and we did a walk through he said they found a problem with the bed room slide as most of the hardware was lose or off so they fixed that put all new slide seals on resealed the roof put all new trim insert molding on the out side went through the inside put on some new trim new cabinet molding they didn't like the way the bath door shut so fixed it resealed the entry door
we feel they went way above and beyond our expectations and i feel like the camping GOD has chosen me to shine down upon this year
how could i not refer someone to buy a forest river product
thank you forest river
I'm sorry--but whatever happened to punctuation???? I don't say this to be disrespectful. it simply makes the "post" difficult to read and I really want to understand your meanings/info here!
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
Old 12-10-2015, 09:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
I'm sorry--but whatever happened to punctuation????
What are you talking about? That was one long sentence. All that is missing is the period at the end.

Bruce
Old 12-10-2015, 09:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
What are you talking about? That was one long sentence. All that is missing is the period at the end.

Bruce
Shame on me!! How did I ever miss that? Oh, and by the way, it was the missing period at the end I was commenting about.
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's

Tags
cat, wildcat