Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2014, 05:44 PM   #1

help..big problem

Hello, I found this forest river forum and hopefully this is the right place for this as i need some help.
I purchased a 2014 wildcat 327ck 5th wheel last summer here from my local dealer and they delivered it to me.it was awesome all summer,set up as a cottage more or less.when I went to close up for the end of season,the opposing slides came crashing together buckling a piece out of the floor and driving the l sofa back into the wall cracking it.It all happened so fast and I wasn’t expecting it.I had to slide over the kitchen counter ,hold up the sofa piece to allow the dinette side slide to go under it to get it together. My dealer suggested waiting till spring to fix, so I did and they have had it for a couple of weeks now.
My problem is that there doesn’t seem to be a solution for the dinette slide not crashing into the sofa. It is suppose to go under it,but won’t. they have now moved the wheels back,but the sofa now becomes a teeter totter. Not acceptable. The have repaired the wall and I haven’t checked the floor but assume that is ok to. I have looked at the 15 model and it looks like the l sofa is shorter on that side now in pictures I have seen? Is that true or just the picture image? Is there a problem and that is the solution as it seems very logical to me?
I’m hoping for some guidance or a solution,please help..thank-you for listening
Chevy Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:49 AM   #2

this is the same problem we are having with ours, its at the dealer now to see if they can resolve it, it took a chunk out of the dinette slide also, supposedly its due to the slides not being adjusted right. I will let you know how it turns out.
good luck.
blugrasbaseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:27 AM   #3

I was told adjustments also, but that hasn't seemed to help. Good luck with yours as well
Chevy Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #4
Always Learning

See if you guys can PM Wildcat Chris. He'll need your selling dealer, last 7 digits of your VIN and info about who you've been working with.

A lot of times, he can help with getting things sorted out.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:50 PM   #5
EMAW

I dont think our Wildcat Chris exists anymore!!
EMAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #6

My couch knocks the molding off the corner cabinet if your not careful . Dealer said the free moving couch wasn't a problem they were going to tackle.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forest River Forums mobile app
hotrodnrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:59 PM   #7

My question is this, why are these sofas free moving, whats so wrong about attaching that back of them and putting wheels on the front edges of them, like the bed in some bedroom slides? looks to me like it would solve a lot of problems, Maybe wildcatchris can shed some light on it. but this is not the only camper that has a free moving sofa I have seen it on many campers by a lot of manufacturers.
blugrasbaseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #8
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
See if you guys can PM Wildcat Chris. He'll need your selling dealer, last 7 digits of your VIN and info about who you've been working with.

A lot of times, he can help with getting things sorted out.
Please do this -- I'll help if I can! I was out of town on my first vacation of 2014 (after a long RV show season this year!) and haven't been active on the board. Didn't realize my mailbox was full! I'll get it cleared out ASAP!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #9
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Please do this -- I'll help if I can! I was out of town on my first vacation of 2014 (after a long RV show season this year!) and haven't been active on the board. Didn't realize my mailbox was full! I'll get it cleared out ASAP!
Welcome back Chris! Your return could not have come at a more opportune time! Hope you had a great vacation!
Herk
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote