Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #1

Help with Table and Filter for 313RE

Nobody seems to know the answers to these two questions around here, so I'm betting the Forest River community can help me with our new Wildcat 313RE.
How is the pedestal dining table secured for traveling? It came with only two straps, one on each side of the table, that the dealer said were to tie down the chairs and that makes sense. He also said the table did not need to be secured, but after two turns the table tumbled so that advice was nonsense.
Next question, does anyone know if the 2012 313RE came with a water filter and, if so, any idea where it might be located? I thought it would be near the water pump, but I can't seem to find it.
Many thanks!
Westernflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
H2oski

I looked at a couple of new ones on line and it appears the straps are for holding the table. This link is an example not an advertisment: 2012 Forest River Wildcat 313RE - Fifth Wheel -

Look at the pics.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #3

Thanks for the link to the picture showing the table strap. This is exactly what I did not get with the trailer. The straps for the chairs attach at the sides of a set of chairs and don't even come close to being long enough to anchor the table. Looks to me like the guys at the Dallas, Oregon, plant forgot to include it.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
H2oski

I would call the dealer, they should be able to tell you where the filter is located. Talk to there sevice department not the salesman.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #5

I spoke with the service manager last week and he was going to check with Forest River, but so far no answer.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #6
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernflyer View Post
Nobody seems to know the answers to these two questions around here, so I'm betting the Forest River community can help me with our new Wildcat 313RE.
How is the pedestal dining table secured for traveling? It came with only two straps, one on each side of the table, that the dealer said were to tie down the chairs and that makes sense. He also said the table did not need to be secured, but after two turns the table tumbled so that advice was nonsense.
Next question, does anyone know if the 2012 313RE came with a water filter and, if so, any idea where it might be located? I thought it would be near the water pump, but I can't seem to find it.
Many thanks!
The straps for the free-standing table should have come with the Wildcat from the plant -- that's how they're shipped out securely. Occasionally, these straps are misplaced when the RV is being shown or setup at a dealership. If you didn't get them, please have your dealer contact Forest River's parts department.

The water filtration system was removed from 2012 Wildcats due to the possibility of reduced water flow/pressure for the tankless water heater.

Hope this helps!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #7

You have no idea how much this helps, Wildcat Chris! Many thanks! This is a much better solution than what the dealer says they were told by the Oregon plant which was to set the table upside down on the floor, set the chairs on top of it and tie the everything down with chair straps. This was not an acceptable solution to me considering the risk of scratching the nicely finished table top.

I have emailed the dealer a copy of your message to me. Thanks again!