Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #1

Info on 2008 Wildcat RKBS

Hi. I'm new to this forum and to RVing. I am looking to purchase my first 5er and am leaning seriously to a pre-owned 2008 Wildcat RKBS. The unit looks to be in great shape and we love the floor plan with the rear kitchen and the bed slideout. Before I make the plunge I'm hoping to get some feedback from some Wildcat owners. Thanks in advance.
douginaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #2

We've been very happy with our 28RKBS. We've been to a couple of RV shows the past two years and haven't found anything we like better than what we have. I think the only thing I wish I could change is the size of the bathroom. The toilet area is pretty small, but then how much time in a day do you spend in there?
We really like all the storage that this unit offers and love the front bedroom closet. DW loves her kitchen.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
Now a "Top Member"

Hi Doug, welcome. As I said on the other Forum, we really love our Cat. Oakman really said pretty much what I said. I also mentioned the free standing table. Since we really have no plans to have a family dinner in there (the table is expandable), I will probably look at removing the extension that slides underneath the main table. It is kinda uncomfortable for any length of time with that extension under there. But otherwise, we made a great choice.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:20 PM   #4

Thanks

Oakman and Ed.

Thanks for the info. sounds like this 5er is as good in use as it feels on the lot. We did notice the size of the throne room as you pointed out--but also as you pointed out how much time do you spend in there anyway. We really like the rear kitchen and as you point out the amount of storage for a 30' RV is pretty impressive.

I think we may pretty close to pulling the trigger on the 2009 Cat. We'll keep ya posted as we may be "offical" members of the Cat community real soon!

Doug
Old 03-08-2011, 01:21 AM   #5

Doug, we have had our 28RKBS for a year now and love it. We fell in love with the floor plan as soon as we stepped in. Is the one your looking at brand new or is it uses?? Just look it over real well, turn everything on run the water in all your faucets, climb up on the roof and check out caulking around all vents, sky lights, front and rear caps....
Hopefully everything will work out for you and you will be camping real soon....

Bill
2020 GMC Duramax-3500HD 4x4 CrewCab
B&W Companion 25K Fifth Wheel Hitch
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
56 Gallon Titan Tank
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:36 PM   #6

Thanks Bill

It is a 2009 Cat that looks to have been well cared for. Appreciate the tips on things to look for as we get closer to closing in on the "deal." We'll keep ya posted.