Old 08-27-2006, 09:51 PM   #1
Cool Lazy Susan ?

My Better Half and I are new to this RV thing as of this spring. Our new Wildcat has a Lazy Susan or turntable and we wonder if anybody uses the thing because we don't figure anything will stay on it while traveling and would not want to pack and unpack it every few days. This thing also sticks into the space that would be cabinet just behind it above the sink so there is no back panel. I have modified things to make it work but we have never used the turntable for much. Has anybody out there have an explanation for turntables and how they are installed?

Tumbleweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:55 PM   #2
Dont have the explaination you are looking for. I can tell you by experience If it stands up in OUR cabinets it will fall during the travels.

Thanks for coming in and I hop a member can give you the answer to help you.

MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:51 AM   #3
I had a turntable in my Cedar Creek (as did all Cedar Creeks I think). It was below the sink in a cabinet area that was accessable from the sink side of the cabinet and the side that opens into the doorway. My what a fine feature! After about two trips, I took it out and it is stored in the storage compartment--where it will stay until I get ready to sell the trailer. Then I'll put it back and show everyone what a fine feature it is to have a lazy susan in a trailer.
2004 Cedar Creek 34 RLBS
2006 Cherolet Silverado 3500 DRW D/A 4X2
whooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:28 PM   #4
ours got transplanted to th ecabinet above the sink, second shelf, makes getting things a bit easier. but i stil lwonder why they made such a big deal out of it. its basically useless under the sink
Living in the Piney Woods of Texas.
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #5
Our '03 Wildcat has a lazy susan on the second shelf in the cabinet over the sink. Strangely enough, NOTHING ever falls off of it, and we drive on some of the roughest roads in California (I15, I40, etc.) and our own terrible half mile dirt driveway.
jalamagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:46 AM   #6
Looks great in the showroom but useless on the road! I took ours out (29RLBS), put a divider up between the 2 cabinets and added a shelf on both sides. Much more functional now!
DXprowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:53 PM   #7
Originally Posted by DXprowler
Looks great in the showroom but useless on the road! I took ours out (29RLBS), put a divider up between the 2 cabinets and added a shelf on both sides. Much more functional now!
I did exactly the same thing. Much more practical. I also added a shelf to the med cabinet and the linen closet. Lot of wasted space there, especially in the linen closet.
ezrider6298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #8
Something in Common

We also are new to our 27RLWB this winter. Just had it about a week now but tested it on the highway. I will never go back to a tt again. We had a 26QBS Trail Cruiser and traded it off for the Wildcat. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. It is different in the city than a tt, ie bucks a little and strange noises, but on the highway cruising it is a dream come true. Those big Semi's can pass me all they want as I don't even feel them.
We have not encountered any problems yet but I do have a question. With the hydralic landing legs, if a leak developed in the systems will it slowly do down to the ground in the front and has anyone had this experience of a leak?
I will test that lazy susan as I never had time to think that stuff would fall off. I will let you know this spring how it holds things up.
Hoping to see more threads on the Wildcat and sharing ideas with fellow campers.

Lennie the 5th.
Lennie the 5th. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #9
I removed mine; for the same reasons you stated. Can't exactly remember how, but it was easy. I think the top part just came off by lifting up and then unscrewed the mounting base. If I remember, I'll go look at it tomorrow; it's sitting in my garage.
Scott, Alta, & Kodiak (choc lab)
Rocky Mountains
Farmington, NM
2007 Wildcat 29RLBS
2000 Ford F350 PSD
Photos at:
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:56 AM   #10
One of these days I'm going to get off my lazy rear end and remove the lazy susan from our rear of these days.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote