Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2018, 11:07 AM   #1

lead time

We're impatiently waiting for our Wildcat MAXX 285RKX. When we ordered it they said 12 weeks, which will be end of this month. Any experience with their accuracy? This is the "west coast" version that is made in Oregon, not Indiana.

Can't wait to get it and start using/improving/modifying for our taste.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:20 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayther View Post
We're impatiently waiting for our Wildcat MAXX 285RKX. When we ordered it they said 12 weeks, which will be end of this month. Any experience with their accuracy? This is the "west coast" version that is made in Oregon, not Indiana.

Can't wait to get it and start using/improving/modifying for our taste.
I ordered our WJ 3006 Feb 22.

It just came off production it's sitting at Horizon lot waiting to be dispatched.

I feel your pain.

We've missed 3 camping trips I'd planned 6 months ahead of time not thinking we'd sell our other camper so fast.

vmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmax View Post

It just came off production it's sitting at Horizon lot waiting to be dispatched.

I feel your pain.

We've missed 3 camping trips I'd planned 6 months ahead of time not thinking we'd sell our other camper so fast.

Well that's about 10 weeks right? I don't have the order date in front of me
Old 05-11-2018, 09:00 AM   #4

I don't know the exact date my dealer submitted the order.

I'm guessing the next Monday after 22 feb.

So, it's been 12 weeks.

Its supposed to be at main dealer lot next monday for initial pdi, then brought down to Waco where I get it.

It'll be 14 weeks before I actually get it.
Initial estimate was 8-10, so don't count on a dealer estimate for anything.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:57 PM   #5

Quote:
I don't know the exact date my dealer submitted the order.

I'm guessing the next Monday after 22 feb.

So, it's been 12 weeks.

Its supposed to be at main dealer lot next monday for initial pdi, then brought down to Waco where I get it.

It'll be 14 weeks before I actually get it.
Initial estimate was 8-10, so don't count on a dealer estimate for anything.
The 12 weeks came from the factory rep. sure hope its more accurate than yours was. Plus we're in So Cal so shipping is less time.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #6

Just got this from the transporter. It should be here Monday. Stoked!Click image for larger version

Name:	14508.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	171534
Old 05-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #7

Quote:

I feel your pain.

Same with us. We sold our old camper and had to wait for the new trailer. Had to cancel a couple of trips. We are all set now and love our 5er.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:57 PM   #8

Just got word it will be off the line 6.5.18 almost exactly 12 weeks from 3.2.18 order date. Of course we wanted it DELIVERED in 12 weeks but the rep. told us and the salesman 12 weeks when we spoke (we were in salesman's office when he called the rep.). You often hear what you want and not what is said in these situations; I understand, the DW not so much! Take a few days to get to the dealer then clean up and PDI so probably pick up about 6.15.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Just got word it will be off the line 6.5.18 almost exactly 12 weeks from 3.2.18 order date. Of course we wanted it DELIVERED in 12 weeks but the rep. told us and the salesman 12 weeks when we spoke (we were in salesman's office when he called the rep.). You often hear what you want and not what is said in these situations; I understand, the DW not so much! Take a few days to get to the dealer then clean up and PDI so probably pick up about 6.15.

Well 6.5.18 came and went and no go. Said they're "waiting on parts" how can they not have all the parts necessary to build something when they've known for 12 weeks it was going to be built? Are the suppliers that backed up? I purchase very large and unique equipment for my business and NOTHING takes more than 8-10 weeks to get, we're talking about equipment that costs 6 figures.

NOT HAPPY
Old 06-07-2018, 06:55 PM   #10

The RV industry is set to break the sales record for the 2nd year in a row. My guess is not only can the MFG barely keep up with demand, the suppliers are having a hard time too.
Next big issue will be the lack of camping spots unless you boondock.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #11

UPDATE!

Got word Friday that it was in shipping as of 6.6.18 so should be at dealer today or tomorrow. Might be camping this weekend!
Old 06-21-2018, 09:06 AM   #12

Well picked it up Tuesday. NOT happy. I was expecting poor quality but hoping, since it was built in a smaller factory, that it would be better built. My son's TT is much better and that is what drove me to buy this, and we like the floor plan. The dealer has a list of about 12 items that require attention/warranty that will require parts, none are structural just cosmetic except the shades. How hard is it to install pull down honeycomb shades correctly? Is it that hard to make sure the guide cords are plumb and parallel? Just eyeball it along the window frame for Pete's sake! This one thing alone has destroyed four very long shades. Found a water leak that wasn't there during the PDI, not sure where its coming from yet, will know after our first outing this weekend.

Break out the tool box!
Old 06-26-2018, 10:31 AM   #13

shakedown trip went pretty well. All systems function correctly so some minor tweaks here and there. Feeling a bit better now.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:37 PM   #14

Quote:
shakedown trip went pretty well. All systems function correctly so some minor tweaks here and there. Feeling a bit better now.

Wahoo!

As a novice Glamper, it still applies.
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote