Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2015, 10:21 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Is there a drain tube and or catch cup under there at all.. I do not have your TT but our slide has a drain tube that lays in a small catch tray (like a little tub if you will, 3x6 or so ). Water drains into this then out the trailer bellow, could the tube be out of place?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Our Wildcat is a 32ft. 5th wheel. The slide in the bedroom is a cable type slide, where there are rollers on the bottom side. It appears that the rainwater is traveling down the seal and seeping in around the rollers. There is no seal around the rollers.
TxBgWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:21 PM   #22
Who Dares, Wins

Ok ours is one of those swintec (sp ?),sealed around all the edges.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:28 PM   #23

Leaky Bedroom Slide Here Too !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Perkins View Post
Just purchased (ordered it) 2016 Wildcat 275ckx. Maiden voyage out and woke up next morning with water on floor near bedroom slide out. Water continued to flow in long after rain had stopped which leads me to believe it had accumulated somewhere. The leak is down by floor nothing detected on wall or top of slide.

Took it in dealer got on it right away, after 8 hrs. tech thinks he found leak. Assuming this to be true do I have to be concerned about further issues like rot, delamination, from a one time event? The leak apparently is coming from the front lower level of slide. Mere observation of that bedroom design with the rollers exposed etc. makes me wonder how water stays out of there. How many layers of seals do these bedroom slide outs have?

Dan
We purchased a 2015 Wildcat 295RSX two months ago. We are now on a trip, and experienced a very unpleasant surprise this morning. The slide in the bedroom, on the left lower corner was leaking rain water. I have been sopping up water all morning. I have read on the Forest River site, that this is a problem. We are totally level in all four directions.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:23 AM   #24

Welcome to our nightmare....
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:32 PM   #25

5ver in the hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Welcome to our nightmare....

We took the Wildcat in for warranty work yesterday. They said they will fix the leak, and check to make sure no wood was damaged. Hopefully the nightmare will end with this problem.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:52 PM   #26
Site Team

OK, here's my current leak story and this time I think "I'm sticking to it". You see in my pic above that water leaked in the lower right corner (looking from the inside - to be clear) of my Wildcat 295RSX bedroom/wardrobe slide. Our dealership had given us several "customer sat. doodads/trinkets" to make us think they liked us. One trinket was a plastic cup which I put on leak duty. I learned the exact spot to place this cup and I caught 100% of every leak. Our dealership service department worked on the trailer THREE times hoping to fix the leak - even tested it in their wash bay. Needless to say, it still leaked.

Now on to Goshen - the leak was high on my list of requested repairs. Technicians at Goshen told me they found my leak entry point - said my dealership had also found it BUT had patched it with material which was saturated with water from a rain the morning of the day when the techs came to work on the leak. Goshenites said my patch material looked like felt. They removed it, showed me a gap between two pieces of trim at the top outside corner of the slide, said water was entering through the gap about the size/shape of an almond. They caulked their patch and everything else which looked suspect. The slide-out leaked again on the way home.

While I was in Goshen, I "happened" to talk to a chief of the Elkhart Parts and Service unit (he had come to discuss an issue with my neighbor). I told him about my leak and that the Goshenites felt they had fixed it. He returned the next day and asked "Why don't you let me put a set of slide-out toppers on your trailer?" I had heard from another member here that they had done the same for him 2 years prior. I accepted. He made a deal with a dealership of my choice closer to my home than my selling dealership to receive and install my 3 toppers at no cost to me. They did a super job.

The trailer has been through 3-4 gushers including one all day this past Friday and I've found NO water inside the trailer.

BTW, the parts and service chief and a Goshenite technician both told me my slide was constructed of aluminum framing and foam siding and that there was no wood in it to rot other than a piece of pine under the lower inside edge of the slide - and over which the leak had been running!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:10 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
My last pic post attempt just worked so I'll try a pic answer to your question.

Attachment 93104

Sent (I think)

Thank you so much Dan. We took our 5ver to the RV Hospital. The Service Center felt like this will be taken care of in a timely manner. I will keep in mind the slide toppers. Hopefully, I will get an offer to install them at no cost also.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:13 PM   #28

Quote:
Just purchased (ordered it) 2016 Wildcat 275ckx. Maiden voyage out and woke up next morning with water on floor near bedroom slide out. Water continued to flow in long after rain had stopped which leads me to believe it had accumulated somewhere. The leak is down by floor nothing detected on wall or top of slide.

Took it in dealer got on it right away, after 8 hrs. tech thinks he found leak. Assuming this to be true do I have to be concerned about further issues like rot, delamination, from a one time event? The leak apparently is coming from the front lower level of slide. Mere observation of that bedroom design with the rollers exposed etc. makes me wonder how water stays out of there. How many layers of seals do these bedroom slide outs have?

Dan

Hi Dan,
The dealership called concerning our bedroom slide leak. They located the water entry point, and put in a call to Forest River. We have a 2015 Wildcat, but only two months old. I'm surprised with so many leaks on this bedroom slide, that FR hasn't corrected the flaw on the new models.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:29 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBgWood View Post
Hi Dan,
The dealership called concerning our bedroom slide leak. They located the water entry point, and put in a call to Forest River. We have a 2015 Wildcat, but only two months old. I'm surprised with so many leaks on this bedroom slide, that FR hasn't corrected the flaw on the new models.
Tx, this is good news. IIIIIFFFFFF you get any detailed information on "They located the water entry poin", please post it here. Several of us wonder where this entry point is.

Regarding correcting the flaw: from what I've read on this forum, FR corrected the flaw in the 295RSX by dropping this unit from their build process. The word on the forum is that a new guy took over Wildcat and revamped the line --- and it appears the move was to increase profit margins. In their replacement units, they dropped many of the features I bought the 295 to get.

Peace.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Old 11-08-2015, 06:43 PM   #30

Quote:
Tx, this is good news. IIIIIFFFFFF you get any detailed information on "They located the water entry poin", please post it here. Several of us wonder where this entry point is.

Regarding correcting the flaw: from what I've read on this forum, FR corrected the flaw in the 295RSX by dropping this unit from their build process. The word on the forum is that a new guy took over Wildcat and revamped the line --- and it appears the move was to increase profit margins. In their replacement units, they dropped many of the features I bought the 295 to get.

Peace.
Dan, the service manager at FunTownRV told us that while performing the water test, the water ran down the seal on the outside and along the rollers at the bottom of the slide. He said that it appears that backing was not installed behind these rollers.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:02 PM   #31

I purposefully viewed new & used TTs during heavy rains and quickly found that even new ones leak... The week we bought our (gently used) TT, a new one, same model, was leaking badly. Thankfully these units leave the factory with lots of sawdust everywhere so its also easy to see where water has clumped the sawdust (or not...)

I took a high power flashlight to every cubby & access panel. Our (used) TT was bone-dry and had likely been that way since day one since the original factory sawdust was still spread evenly underneath the cabinets, under the outdoor kitchen, etc.

My dealer also included a FREE pressurized leak test & re-caulking before we started the 2.5 hour PDI. They agreed that new ones sometimes leak & said that they would provide the same service if I bought a new unit... We have now camped for 2 seasons and have not had any leaks or other issues with our (used) TT...

One of the reasons I do not like the idea of ordering a TT from a wholesaler, etc. is that you are pretty much stuck with the unit you ordered vs. having your pick of the litter... Some TTs are lemons from day one...
2017-31; 2016-36; 2015-37; 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:08 PM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Dan, the service manager at FunTownRV told us that while performing the water test, the water ran down the seal on the outside and along the rollers at the bottom of the slide. He said that it appears that backing was not installed behind these rollers.
Thanks. The member "Torch" recently posted in another thread "And still waiting for the bedroom slide seal kit that the factory never installed." This may be all our 295 leak problems - but I can't see why this problem would cause the water to drip ONLY on my bathroom floor and not everywhere I have rollers.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:29 AM   #33

Agree, the dealer installed a seal along the bottom of the slide opening and it still leaked in the same spot, didn't help since they installed the horizontal seal over the vertical seal creating a sort of bucket at the end where the 2 seals merged.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:31 PM   #34

Quote:

Dan

Dan, we finally got ours back from the dealership after two weeks. When looking at the warranty invoice, only thing they did was use a bit of caulk. Our Reese Goosebox was also damaged, in their care. We got the rig home and husband got a ladder set up, to check if anything was even done. He found our wiper seal above the bedroom, directly under the gutter downspout was torn. I really believe our rig has been sitting at the dealership, just taking up a space. I sent a pic to the dealership, but we do not want to leave it again. Trust just went out the door !!
Old 11-15-2015, 04:32 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Agree, the dealer installed a seal along the bottom of the slide opening and it still leaked in the same spot, didn't help since they installed the horizontal seal over the vertical seal creating a sort of bucket at the end where the 2 seals merged.

We finally got ours back from the dealership after two weeks. When looking at the warranty invoice, only thing they did was use a bit of caulk. Our Reese Goosebox was also damaged, in their care. We got the rig home and husband got a ladder set up, to check if anything was even done. He found our wiper seal above the bedroom, directly under the gutter downspout was torn. I really believe our rig has been sitting at the dealership, just taking up a space. I sent a pic to the dealership, but we do not want to leave it again. Trust just went out the door !!
Old 11-15-2015, 04:56 PM   #36

Quote:
I normally post pics off my phone using Tapatalk, but uploads have failed all day. The left (looking from inside) end of the bedroom wardrobe slide leaks onto the vinyl flooring on the bathroom floor. Fortunately, it does not leak on carpet. I can put a cup in a certain place near the shower and catch every drip but I don't really want water on the inside of the slide walls.

I wouldn't have guessed my dealership had ANY certification process. I think some techs at my shop were laying brick last week and some were working in a nursing facility.

Sent (I think)
we finally got ours back from the dealership after two weeks. When looking at the warranty invoice, only thing they did was use a bit of caulk. Our Reese Goosebox was also damaged, in their care. We got the rig home and husband got a ladder set up, to check if anything was even done. He found our wiper seal above the bedroom, directly under the gutter downspout was torn. I really believe our rig has been sitting at the dealership, just taking up a space. I sent a pic to the dealership, but we do not want to leave it again. Trust just went out the door !! I tried to post a pic of the torn wiper seal on the upper left corner of the bedroom slide, but the pic failed. I agree with you on tech service. They should all be politicians or car salesmen. They only tell you what you want to hear.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:58 PM   #37

Quote:
We took the Wildcat in for warranty work yesterday. They said they will fix the leak, and check to make sure no wood was damaged. Hopefully the nightmare will end with this problem.

we finally got ours back from the dealership after two weeks. When looking at the warranty invoice, only thing they did was use a bit of caulk. Our Reese Goosebox was also damaged, in their care. We got the rig home and husband got a ladder set up, to check if anything was even done. He found our wiper seal above the bedroom, directly under the gutter downspout was torn. I really believe our rig has been sitting at the dealership, just taking up a space. I sent a pic to the dealership, but we do not want to leave it again. Trust just went out the door !!
Old 03-02-2016, 08:25 AM   #38

They never did fix our leak after having it for 2 months completely removing slide and putting back together. Thankfully, we worked out a "settlement" with our dealer who was very good. I am totally scared of Wildcats now, which is unfortunate because we loved the unit.
Dan Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:11 AM   #39

I'm still waiting to get my unit back from trying to get the bubbling floor issue resolved but they added seals on the inner edge of the slide. Have no clue if this fixed it or not since the slides have not been out for a couple of months now.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:05 PM   #40

Just opened up my 282RKX. Guess the water got in the bedroom slide some how. The bedroom slide top is still damp and buckling and water must have seeped somehow through the floor. Sure is a big gap up there. The linoleum is buckled clear over at the walkway when you go up the stairs. Don't know how much help I will get as this out of warranty. It's a 2013. Will call dealer tomorrow.
Randy.Dreyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, leak, slide, slide out, wildcat