Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #61
Villa Estate 392FLFB

LED lights have been great but not so great in the bathroom. bought a small 12v florescent light in a weatherproof case to install in the ceiling above the shower. roughly a foot to foot and a half to run the wire in the ceiling from the current lights in the bathroom.

warm white is the best for indoor! bright white outside for P#%$# off the neighbours lol
Old 08-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #62
JAYCO Representative

We're talking about going standard with LEDs! What do you think?
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
I think if its done properly its a great idea and a good selling point.
RobertGreenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #64
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Long overdue in the industry; I am thinking.
Ya got to start somewhere.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:53 AM   #65

switched mine out - all 25 lights this past weekend. Crisper white colour.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #66
Wanderluster

I wonder why manufacturers don't offer "boondocking" packages. LEDs, bigger tanks, better batteries, solar... there are enough folks that would buy just because it costs more, but for those of us that really look for rigs to get off the grid, it could save us hundreds of hours of modification time, as well as the some of the usual expense increase of buying individual parts.

Brian & Margie
www.rv-camping.org
OffPavement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #67
JAYCO Representative

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffPavement View Post
I wonder why manufacturers don't offer "boondocking" packages. LEDs, bigger tanks, better batteries, solar... there are enough folks that would buy just because it costs more, but for those of us that really look for rigs to get off the grid, it could save us hundreds of hours of modification time, as well as the some of the usual expense increase of buying individual parts.
We've been talking about it here: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...age-17146.html

LEDs are just one step. Wildcat already features larger than average tanks. Batteries and solar are still under review...
Old 11-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #68
JAYCO Representative

LED lights (both interior and exterior) are now standard equipment on all Wildcats.

Further, we recently changed to a glass lens (vs. plastic) which both softens the look and enhances the brightness/color.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #69

Slowly replacing the lights I need. Now having LED replacements for 1 foot fluorescent tubes sent to me. 4200K seems to be the right light output. The 12volt bulb fixtures I am replacing with new fixtures. The replacement LEDs does not give off enough light. The only one I do need and can not find is an LED bulb that can replace the vanity bulbs. The ones I have found so far look crappy.
Portagie1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #70

Hi Chris. Can you tell me if this will be applicable to the Wildcat Maxx (West coast) as well?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglasdh62 View Post
We have replaced most of our light bulbs with LED lights. we found out that some of the lights interfere with the TV signal over the air. It is not every single bulb that causes the problem tho. It usually only causes a problem if the signal is weaker than normal. this is on Digital TV only. We had heard that they can be a problem. We just watch witch lites we have on now and it is no problem, we really like the light that comes from the LED's we bought the warm white color as it was closer to normal lighting.
Recently, we took delivery of our new 21FBRS and were pleased to discover that it had LED lighting. But there were two unexpected findings. The first was what you reported -- interference with over-the-air TV signals. Some, but not all, of the overhead fixtures would freeze the picture on some channels. Odd but easily fixed (just don't turn on the offending lights).

The second finding was that the LED light has faint yellow bands, more apparent on the light-colored bedspread. Again, odd but not serious.

Overall, we're very pleased with the LEDs -- the longevity and absence of heat are real advantages.

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS fiver
2013 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie CC SB 4WD Auto
cbconway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #72

I bought warm white LEDs and have been very please with them. Warm white (about 3000k color temp) very closely represents the color of the typical 1141 incandescent lamp.

The ones I am using will work on a dimmer switch, so you can have subdued light while waking up in the morning, or watching a movie in the evening.

I was thinking about contacting www.rv-led.com and seeing if they'd do special pricing for the forum - a group buy type of thing.
BobandArlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #73
Denver, CO

I just ordered some 921 replacements from superbright with 15 led's for about $6 to try out in warm white. They appear to be the same as the 14$ units elsewhere. Donno the reality of it tho. I have 19 bulbs to change out and want to get it right.

Bob
Old 02-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobandArlene View Post
Their lights are 10-30vdc, important for RVs, which can see higher than nominal voltages in a 12v system (14+ during charging, etc).
Old 03-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #75

I contacted RV-LED.com and they put the lights on sale now. I also found out their lights have a lifetime warranty.

921 LED, 260 Lumens, Warm White, 10-30vdc - RV-LED.com

They are also coming out with a new RV LED porch light, which is a complete replacement unit, which is good for times when the existing light fixture needs replaced.

LED RV Porch light, Cool White - RV-LED.com
Old 04-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #76

Hello

Quote:
How important is LED lighting to an RV?

We're currently using LED lighting on the exterior of all Wildcats, eXtraLites, and Sterling Edition units.

We've been exploring interior LED lighting seriously for over 2 years, but are still concerned about the color (referred to as temperature) of the lighting.

I'm a fan of the low power draw and the small form factor as well as the light intensity. However, the cost is significant.

What are your thoughts? Is this an essential item in a new RV purchase? Do you think it will be (or will be soon)?
Very expensive but in the process of converting several fluorescent light fixtures to LEDs to see how well they work. We have replaced a few fixtures and luv how bright they are. We will see what happens with the Fluorescent.

What we have found out so far is if you replace just the bulb they are not as bright as if you buy the whole fixture. So we just chose what light level we need and place accordingly. Example. Closet and under stairs does not need to be as bright so we replaced blub. Bathroom needed more light so we replaced fixture.
Portagie1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #77

LED lighting??

I consider LED to be a standard inside and out very soon. They make so much sense. Low power draw, very long life! I am researching changing every bulb in our unit to LED.
Filterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #78

Inside makes sense if you boondock. Outside: Why?
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #79
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
X2
Old 04-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #80
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Unless you boondock, why change any of them unless there is a heat problem? Just asking.

Tags
extralite, led, sterling, wildcat, light