Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #1

Let down table bed in 2012 wildcat 313re

Just wondering if anyone has a new Wildcat fifth wheel or Travel trailer with a table that makes a bed. We have had several campers with a let down bed but we can't figure out how to configure the cushions on this one to make it work. The two back cushions are rounded around and don't seem to work in any position. Any help would be appreciated.
Ga.Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #2

I am laughing at your post because I had the exact same question. We have a 282rk. You should have seen me working those cushions! I kept thinking it can't be this hard, but I never did figure it out. I sent an email today to Forest River with the question and will let you know what I hear.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:04 PM   #3

Thanks a lot I also called Forest River today. I am also awaiting an email to show how it works. I will also forward you what they tell me. Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
JAYCO Representative

The new dinette cushions were made with a small "L" shape on the end that should easily sit against the wall/window creating a little "seat back." I'll look into this further when I return to the plant after the holidays...
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris
The new dinette cushions were made with a small "L" shape on the end that should easily sit against the wall/window creating a little "seat back." I'll look into this further when I return to the plant after the holidays...
Thanks a lot I can't wait to hear back. We still haven't figured out how to make the bed.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #6

has wildcat chris found a solution to dinette cushions; making a bed in new wildcat 5th wheel?
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #7
JAYCO Representative

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
has wildcat chris found a solution to dinette cushions; making a bed in new wildcat 5th wheel?
I'm back in the factory again tomorrow and will see if I can find out some more information (and maybe get some photos).
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #8

I spoke with the salesman where I bought my wildcat and he says that you take and lay the two curved cushions long ways and do not use the other two. I haven't tried it yet because my camper is under a cover. When the rain finally moves out I will try to figure it out. Maybe Chris will find us a picture. According to the dealer they have had lots of questions about this subject but do not have any diagrams.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #9

Hi i have a 2002 wildcat just purched and the dinnette cushions wont fold out into a bed the are to big all original cushions thought it was just a bad match up from factory , any info would help , i may have to cut them down to fit right , the two bottom cushions hand out under you legs when setting down ,seem to wide
tshoptime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #10

Any updates on this?

I am so glad to hear others have the same question. We purchased a brand new Sterling 32QB. The table converting into a bed was one thing we forgot to ask about. I'd love to have any pictures or instructions on this.

Thanks!
amy1417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #11

As of a matter of fact I finally got through to a sales rep yesterday. They sent me a picture of how it goes. I am not pleased with it but there is nothing I can do about it. We only chose that option for the luxury of having an extra bed but now we regret it. I will try to figure out how to post the picture on here but it still doesn't work just great. The cushions are just to wide. I hope it helps you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2693047545.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	12537  
Old 04-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
Mod free 5er

Looks like the cushions with the bend in them could be turned end for end and let it hang out over the end in the middle or on each side. Wouldn't care for bending the cushions like that.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #13

I'm not sure I totally understand what your saying but however no matter how you arrange the cushions they are just too wide to all fit. They could have shaved a few inches off of each of the the bottom cushions and it would have worked great. Just an oversight I guess.

Tags
bed