Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #1

locating models?

Good morning everyone,
We are having trouble locating models of the coaches we are interested in buying. It is very difficult to be able to decide on a particular model to purchase if you can't walk through and look in person.
Customer service is very difficult to reach and when you do they can't help you locate any coaches within driving distance of your home. The RV shows do not always have what you are looking for either.
Does anyone have any idea where to turn to short of going to the factory to try and see them off the assembly line? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Navypoppop
navypoppop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Try this:

Forest River RV Dealers

Call the local dealers or go to their website to see if they have the model you want to view.

You can also contact Wildcat Chris via PM, and see what he suggests.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
JAYCO Representative

Talking Send me your info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navypoppop View Post
Good morning everyone,
We are having trouble locating models of the coaches we are interested in buying. It is very difficult to be able to decide on a particular model to purchase if you can't walk through and look in person.
Customer service is very difficult to reach and when you do they can't help you locate any coaches within driving distance of your home. The RV shows do not always have what you are looking for either.
Does anyone have any idea where to turn to short of going to the factory to try and see them off the assembly line? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Navypoppop
Please send me a private message with your full contact info and the Wildcat floor plan you're looking for. I'd be happy to assist!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #4

When I was looking last year, I had pretty good luck with most manufacturers at simply emailing the general sales email address and stating "I am very interested in a specific floorplan but will not purchase until I have seen an example in person. Could you please provide me with the closest dealer to my zip code with an example in-stock". I generally received pretty prompt responses and then contacted the dealer to verify they had it. We had to travel some to see the handful of trailers we were interested in but at least we knew they had it when we got there. I will qualify this and say it was early 2011 so the manufacturers and dealers may have been a little more motivated based on the economy but most all were very helpful. Good Luck.
chof16 is offline   Reply With Quote