Old 07-07-2017, 04:20 PM   #1

Looking for advise on water leak and after repairs once fixed

Hello,

Last summer I bought a 2005 Wildcat 27RL it was in very good shape just some sun fade from being outside on a side not a big deal went over the camper top to bottom inside and out pushed on walls tapped looking in all the corners and it was solid didn't see any issues of water damage so I bought it. Next weekend went and picked it back up and mother nature decided to rain on the way home get back open the back door and the left rear corner wall paper had bubbled out and was damp to the touch but not soaking wet. This was not there before when we bought it so that was a gut punch but I sucked it up went on and just made sure and caulked corners and trim vertical and horizontal even above the trim insert with the gutter and put new vinyl insert tape in checked ladder and lights sealed windows I thought it was good but I still thinking I have some water getting in and my only thought now is that it's coming in from a retaining screw having to deal with the gutter trim I plan on taking off the gutter and replacing the butyl tape and installing some dicor seal-tite on the side wall and roof top seam under the rubber roof also the back wall on the vertical seams. So after this long draw out story does this sound like a good way to approach this issue and any suggestions on how to re glue the interior wall paper back to the wall I tried with a syringe and some glue I didn't want to go as far to cut the wall paper yet that worked but has come loose again making me rethink If I still have my leak
silverado101980 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, repair, repairs, water, water leak