Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2014, 09:48 AM   #1

Maiden Voyage in the Wildcat

After taking delivery towards the end of December, finding a few minor warranty issues that needed adjustment and then waiting for Texas weather to break free from the Winter Weather Grip, we made our first trip in the Wildcat.
This was to be our shake down trip where we learn where everything is located, become familiar with the trailer, make a list of additional items that need attention, and try to recall where we stuffed everything in the storage cabinets, basement and cubby holes.
The day we were to depart the winds were blowing at 40mph pretty much sustained with gust blowing harder. I almost postponed the trip by a day to let the winds die down. But, I just bring myself to do it. I did notice that the only other trailer we saw on the road battling the winds had the front vent and vent cover hanging on by one screw as it danced in the wind. I kept my speeds at or below 65mph which I was pretty much limited to due to the speeds of tractor trailer rigs doing so. The gust of winds did create a little sway that transferred to the drivers seat in the form of a pucker of leather seat cushion a time or two.
Once we arrived at the RV Resort we checked in headed to our site and backed in place. Got everything set up, tied down, plugged in, leveled up, slid out and programmed then started cleaning. The cleaning was the wifes idea by the way, I try to avoid this as much as possible personally.
So far no issues, it has been a very relaxing comfortable time. The recliners fit us both very nicely, the fireplace puts out enough heat to keep things comfortable when temps outside are down to about 44 degrees. With the reflex bubble foil in the windows one 15K a/c does a nice job of cooling the Wildcat when temps are 82 degrees outside.
Everything in the 5th wheel work and preform just as designed without issue.
The tankless hot water heater was an item of concern after reading all the horror stories of poor to bad performance. But, I also researched the tankless system in depth and talked to a couple of service managers about the proper way to use this system. So with my knowledge in hand I headed into the shower. Took a minute or two to get the water temp where I wanted it and from then on every shower has gone with out a hitch. FYI, an endless supply of hot water does however fill a grey water holding tank much faster than the standard gas/electric water heater that you tend to stop the flow of water during a shower to save on hot water.
All in all, we look forward to making use of the Wildcat as often as possible this year and look forward to heading north to the FROG Rally this August.

So in the end here of my post, please let me say to the Wildcat team at Forest River, you did a great job here and I greatly appreciate what you delivered me as a home away from home.

And thank you Wildcat Chris for your service, assistance and advice both before and after the sale.

Be Happy Campers out there.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #2

Welcome to the Wildcat club!! Use it and enjoy your new home away from home!!
Old 03-23-2014, 11:19 PM   #3
JAYCO Representative

Thumbs up Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
So in the end here of my post, please let me say to the Wildcat team at Forest River, you did a great job here and I greatly appreciate what you delivered me as a home away from home.

And thank you Wildcat Chris for your service, assistance and advice both before and after the sale.

Be Happy Campers out there.
Thank you for being a customer! Please share some photos when you can!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, wildcat