Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #1

Angry Many problems 312 BHX

I am posting this so that Forest River will take ownership of the issues with quality that so many of us are having. I am so disappointed with the workmanship. I have a owned FR RV's for over 5 years and this is is the worst workmanship I have ever seen. Here is my story. Keep in mind that I am 7 days into a 14 day camping trip with my wife and two kids. This is only the second time we have taken the RV out since owning it.

I took possession of the camper May 10th and have had nothing but problems with it. First it started with a leaky shower and some cosmetic issues with the drawers and the outside wiring for the slide-out rubbing against my tire so bad that it melted the harness. I also noticed and posted on this forum about the quality of the undercarriage, exposed wiring (wiring hitting my tire), and the cheap tape they used at the factory to try and cover exposed under sections. Then the whole entire front underside of the outside paneling is delaminating. We were told that it would take 6 weeks for the warranty work to be completed. After supposedly fixing the shower leaks, wiring harness, and fixing the drawers (nothing done under the RV with the tape issue) the dealer called me and told me that I could come and get it while they waited 4-6 weeks for parts to fix the delimitation issue. I told them that I had a planned 14 day trip to Yellowstone with my family. The dealer said no problem go ahead and take it and use it normally. After arriving the first day in Yellowstone we noticed several spots in the roof of the RV coming apart. (See Pictures) The entire fan housing in the master bedroom was being held on by two out of the four screws required. Then we noticed that the delamination had gotten worse and was happening to the underside in the front where the king ping hookup is (See pictures). After the 6th day we notice that the entire forward storage area was wet. My son was taking a shower and we noticed a huge leak in the storage compartment under where the shower was. The entire under-flooring was wet and visible water was leaking in the storage compartment. (I have videos of this. PM me and I will send them to you). So no showers in the RV for the rest of the trip. Then we notice a gap in the floor near the refrigerator. If you step on it you foot drops down.

Wildcat Chris or anyone that wants to hear my story can PM me. I have many more pictures to share. The forum only lets you upload 5 of them. Not sure what to do now. We are leaving Utah in the morning and heading to Colorado. Not a fun trip dealing with all of this crap while on vacation. Thanks Forest River!
Attached Images

rexerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:03 AM   #2

Adding more pics and information

I forgot that the TV antenna doesn't move. I think someone sealed it to the roof. I also included some more pictures. Please contract me if you have any questions. I should have stuck with my old camper or a V-CROSS.

Rex
PM me
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

If I was you I wouldn't post your email and phone number on an open forum!
Trolls love that.

One thing about your 5er.
The under skin near the pin box is not delaminating . That just the material they use. Mine is the same way as are others.
The wires by your wheels are like that on any pull type camper . Those are your electric brake wires .
Ron
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:54 AM   #4
Site Team - Lou

A word of caution for anyone on an open forum. Posting your name, phone number, email address and the fact that you are not home on an open forum is a recipe for disaster.

I would also like to know if you bought this camper used or new?
"took possession of" seems an odd way of saying you bought it.

Have you talked to the dealer about what you found?
Has he made contact with FR (if the camper was new)?

Those tires look pretty worn (could just be the angle).
What year is your camper?
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:31 AM   #5

Thanks for the advice. I am using a phone number that is temporary. I will remove my email address. The camper is a brand new 2013 I bought from RV America in Aurora Colorado. We have only had possession of it since May. Yes, I have contacted the dealer. As I said above they are waiting for parts for the original issues. The new issues on this trip will require the trailer to be in the shop again for an extended period of time. This is very frustrating because we have several more trips planned before the winter hits. Also, I don't like making a payment for something I can't use.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #6

Thanks for clarifying the issue with under the king pin. My old Surveyor didn't have exposed wiring near the trailer breaks. I also went around to several other trailers today at the campsite some of them had exposed wiring, but nothing with a wire nut exposed.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #7
JAYCO Representative

Sorry to read about your issues. Please send me a private message with your contact information, VIN#, and Wildcat dealer!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Sorry to read about your issues. Please send me a private message with your contact information, VIN#, and Wildcat dealer!
Chris-
I left you a message last week and I have not heard back. I will be taking the 5th wheel into the dealer in the morning.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #9
JAYCO Representative

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexerito View Post
Chris-
I left you a message last week and I have not heard back. I will be taking the 5th wheel into the dealer in the morning.
I'm checking into from my end...
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
312 bhx, workmanship