Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 10:55 AM   #111
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1
I would say a simple light wall switch as you enter the bedrooms ours does not have this. It has three double lights in the bedroom but not quick wall switch...like say, the bathroom.
Also dimmable his and hers reading lights above bed.
__________________

__________________
dkd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:00 PM   #112
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 52
The best option that should be standard is the auto level.
__________________

__________________
Johnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:36 PM   #113
Senior Member
 
SKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,428
How about a water hose connection that goes straight to the black tank without restriction? I hear a lot about folks that fill and drain their black tanks several times while dumping. Through the toilet valve takes a long time, the sprayer is longer.

But a straight in 1/2" hose fitting would fill it much faster. Of course you certainly wouldn't want to walk away from that.
__________________
Now-2014 Sierra 346RETS 5er BUB
Then-2002 Keystone Springdale 286RLDS TT

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:18 PM   #114
Cyber Phrenologist
 
Radio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fayetteville, GA
Posts: 1,699
A few ideas, random order...

Turn signals amidships on each side. Bright ones, too! People get in a spot back there and can't see my trucks signals so they just ride along for miles... should be standard on all FR products over 25ft.

LEDs imbedded into light switches so I can find them in the dark. But not very bright, as all those lights would be annoying. Just enough to find the switch.

On "lesser" units like mine, extra stabilizer jacks near the axles. Crank downs for lesser units, electric option for higher end.

Option for 12 VDC outlets. Sometimes we boondock, and there is a world of 12 volt stuff out there I can't use for want of a place to plug it in. Had to make one up myself for my 5th wheel.
__________________
KU4OJ
Admin at www.openroadsradio.net, part of the Social Knowledge network.
"RVing and Amateur Radio served up on the same plate"
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:53 PM   #115
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 44
The one thing I would love to see from Forest River is Owners Manuals specific to each model withlots of pics and detailed options list with pics. And more specific model info on the web site, like the saq365 sierra 5 pics that's it, I have to go to dealer web sites to specific items when looking for answers to my next purchase. I try to upgrade every 3 years, and spend hours and hours looking for specific pics and info.
__________________
mrwoodmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:37 PM   #116
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Most needed upgrade in today's fifth wheels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
How about a water hose connection that goes straight to the black tank without restriction? I hear a lot about folks that fill and drain their black tanks several times while dumping. Through the toilet valve takes a long time, the sprayer is longer.

But a straight in 1/2" hose fitting would fill it much faster. Of course you certainly wouldn't want to walk away from that.

Um, our Rockwood has a tank rinser for the black tank - hook up a hose at the dump or your site, open the black tank valve, turn on the hose and you can hear some sore of rotary spinner spraying the black tank - cool addition Forest River!
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #117
Senior Member
 
Cypressloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Alberta - East of the Rockies, West of the Rest
Posts: 862
Radio,
I like the idea of midship turn signals, excellent point. I have to take a look at ours but it shouldn't be to hard to add.
__________________
2013 RAM 3500 Dually Longhorn traded in
2018 RAM 5500 in the pipe
Riverstone Legacy 38RE, 960 Watt Solar, 6x6 Volt Battery Bank, Freedom SW 3012 Inv/Charger
Cypressloser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #118
Senior Member
 
SKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Um, our Rockwood has a tank rinser for the black tank - hook up a hose at the dump or your site, open the black tank valve, turn on the hose and you can hear some sore of rotary spinner spraying the black tank - cool addition Forest River!
Um, so does mine.

No sprayer. Same water flow rate as putting a water hose down the toilet.

I hear guys talk about dumping, filling, dumping, filling, dumping, repeat. Water through the toilet takes forever to fill it and through the sprayer would take longer. In fact my first weekend out I pulled up to the dual sided dump station and I believe a guy was doing that. Letting it fill through the toilet. He was there two campers before me and was still there when I dumped and left.

So a connection with a check valve that runs straight to the top of the tank. Would greatly speed up filling for a rinse dump.
__________________
Now-2014 Sierra 346RETS 5er BUB
Then-2002 Keystone Springdale 286RLDS TT

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:54 PM   #119
Senior Member
 
Cypressloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Alberta - East of the Rockies, West of the Rest
Posts: 862
How about an interior design that's not stuck in the 80s.
__________________
2013 RAM 3500 Dually Longhorn traded in
2018 RAM 5500 in the pipe
Riverstone Legacy 38RE, 960 Watt Solar, 6x6 Volt Battery Bank, Freedom SW 3012 Inv/Charger
Cypressloser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:12 PM   #120
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
Um, so does mine.

No sprayer. Same water flow rate as putting a water hose down the toilet.

I hear guys talk about dumping, filling, dumping, filling, dumping, repeat. Water through the toilet takes forever to fill it and through the sprayer would take longer. In fact my first weekend out I pulled up to the dual sided dump station and I believe a guy was doing that. Letting it fill through the toilet. He was there two campers before me and was still there when I dumped and left.

So a connection with a check valve that runs straight to the top of the tank. Would greatly speed up filling for a rinse dump.
You can only fill as fast as the restrictions in the hose allow. I usually don't have much problems filling my tanks. If I close my black valve while dumping the gray it's about 1/2 full by the time my full grey fully dumps.

What I would like instead is a better sprayer. The black tank flush rarely gets it all and what takes time is having to let it fill in the first place. If the sprayer were positioned to help drive the leftovers towards the drain, then we might not even have to fill at all.
__________________

__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cat, fifth wheel, forest river, maxxis, tires, upgrade, wheel, wildcat

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 PM.