Old 02-26-2014, 09:21 AM   #41
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

I might have what you call a 4-point. I don't have a 6-point but have experienced it during viewing at dealerships/shows. As a full timer (2010) traveling from Chicago - California, I experience bounce (as most do) on my 5r. Old Coot installed scissor jacks under the center line next to the axels to reduce this bounce. His mods are so awesome. My rear electric stabilizer is a great feature. Would adding another electric center stabilizer be that much more? It doesn't need to be a auto self leveling system rather an additional stabilizer.

donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:59 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrlakelover View Post
First Chris...thanks for being "brave enough" to participate in our forum!!! It is great that you interact with us here. THANK YOU.

My tire guy is a fan of Maxxis. He has been in the tire, towing, and auto repair business for 40 years. Being in the towing business he has multiple trailers supporting his business and has had personal experience with many tire brands over the years. He is a fan of 3 trailer tire brands...Maxxis, PowerKing Towmax, and Goodyear Marathon. NOTE: He has no real preference one over the other.

He is very keen on insuring the tires are sized, maintained and loaded properly. Like many have said on this and other forums, many of the tire issues fall squarely on the consumer for not taking care of the tires (proper loading, load balancing, tire pressure, proper speeds, etc). But, he also agrees with us in that many of the brands made off shore which are not strictly regulated by a reputable Brand (ie Goodyear, Power King, Maxiss) are not worth running on an off road farm trailer. He has seen what he says are way too many roadside service calls in which he knew the almost new "x brand" tires were used properly and the tires failed. This guy knows his tires, and if there's anything left of the failed tire, can tell you pretty much what caused the tire to fail.

Finally, I'm a business man and I fully understand how challenging it is to run a profitable business in today's world. I also understand cutting corners anywhere you can to reduce costs. But, the RV industry has an obligation not to cut corners on tires, wheels and suspension. These items should not be skimped on in the name of profit and put people's lives in danger. OK, that's my editorial comment. Thanks again Chris!!
In the RV world, tires are such an issue that good tires would be a major selling point, so much so that you could pass the cost directly on and few would blink.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:02 PM   #43

You may want to put the jt strong arms on it took alot of the bounce of my 5er
Old 02-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #44

I bought a portable ice maker on line from Wally World. best $79.00 invest I made! Just keeps making ice. perfect for those long hot weekends!
Old 02-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by David 01 View Post
I bought a portable ice maker on line from Wally World. best $79.00 invest I made! Just keeps making ice. perfect for those long hot weekends!

The ice makers are worth there weight in gold
Old 02-26-2014, 06:17 PM   #46
Plain Old Member

As for the 3 AC's, I'd say mostly on the bunk house models, or at least the longer units. Get the same length bus, say 35-40 feet, and you'll see 3 of them, and they need them in the south. I've seen plenty of toy haulers being offered with them now, and though it's not an option that I know of, I've seen a Silverback 35QB4 with a third in the bunk house. This summer will be a test, but it's a possibility we'll be adding at least a small penguin unit in the bunk room.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:22 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Is anyone here a fan of Maxxis tires?
+1 for Maxxis. I have run Maxxis on my boat trailers and previous TT for years.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:24 PM   #48
JAYCO Representative

You've all made it easy for me.

MAXXIS tires will be an available 2015 Wildcat upgrade.

More to come on this...
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:57 PM   #49
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
You've all made it easy for me.

MAXXIS tires will be an available 2015 Wildcat upgrade.

More to come on this...
Lucky future Wildcat owners!

Heck if summer doesn't show up soon we'll need All Terrain TA's on ours to get it out of the back yard.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:07 PM   #50

I don't have a Wildcat but have just bought a Cedar Creek. What does surprise me is none of the units appear to come with a built in surge protector. If these units are at risk from questionable electrical supplies sometimes found at even the best RV resorts, surely a $300 - 400 surge protector could be built in at the point of manufacture.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fifth wheel, forest river, maxxis, tires, upgrade, wheel, wildcat