Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #81

Actually, I am surprised no one has mentioned a integrated electrical panel with a Electrical Management System/surge supressor. I bet this is the #1 mod most of the folks get (take a look at the Progressive Industries HW50C 50 Amp Hardwired Electrical Management System with Remote Display)

And while you are at it how about a 35' self-stowing shore power cable? (35' is NOT a typo...how many times has 25' just not been quite enough?)

It's 2014 - upgrade your old antennas to something like the Wineguard (and put a auto retract sensor on 'em for idiots that forget to lower them when they break camp )

Speaking of the 21st century

How about installing a WIFI booster antenna on the roof with wired connection to the entertainment system that would allow the user to install & upgrade their own WIFI router? (I might want a Apple Airport someone else may want a LinkSys)

Upgrade all the TVs to WIFI enabled TVs (NOT the Samsung Smart TVs because technology changes rapidly!) Instead just TVs with multiple HDMI ports so a owner can install a Roku, Apple TV or Google Chrome device.

Upgrade the entertainment system's AM/FM/CD/DVD unit to play blu-ray (although for me, if I have a solid WIFI connection I will stream content)

Finally, it seems like a lot of folks put in a central vaccume system mod - while not very high on my list, it may be on others (I would be interested in it if it was a wet/dry system though!)
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:32 AM   #82
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Finally, it seems like a lot of folks put in a central vaccume system mod - while not very high on my list, it may be on others

(I would be interested in it if it was a wet/dry system though!)
So would aqua man!

TURBS

Sabre owners united!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #83
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
So would aqua man!

TURBS

Sabre owners united!

That's just not right!
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:28 PM   #84
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
That's just not right!
Maybe so but very very true!

TURBS

Sabre owners united!
Old 04-12-2014, 08:04 AM   #85
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Speaking of the 21st century

How about installing a WIFI booster antenna on the roof with wired connection to the entertainment system that would allow the user to install & upgrade their own WIFI router? (I might want a Apple Airport someone else may want a LinkSys)
We've looked into this system, but many users have told us their camp site has very weak WiFi (if available at all). This is rapidly changing and remains on our list of possible add-on options!

Quote:
Upgrade all the TVs to WIFI enabled TVs (NOT the Samsung Smart TVs because technology changes rapidly!) Instead just TVs with multiple HDMI ports so a owner can install a Roku, Apple TV or Google Chrome device.
Every Wildcat TV has multiple HDMI ports now! In fact, we even pre-wire an HDMI cable from the TV to the entertainment center bay (where power and satellite jacks are located). Currently, we're the only brand to offer this!

Quote:
Upgrade the entertainment system's AM/FM/CD/DVD unit to play blu-ray (although for me, if I have a solid WIFI connection I will stream content)
While we've heard this, most other RV brands are still using analog video connections (we use HDMI)! Not only would the benefits of Blu-ray be lost on most RV setups, but DVD isn't even getting used to its capacity. Wildcat offers truly digital hookups using HDMI with an HDMI ready setup. We're ready for our end user to add their devices of choice -- digitally!

Quote:
Finally, it seems like a lot of folks put in a central vaccume system mod - while not very high on my list, it may be on others (I would be interested in it if it was a wet/dry system though!)
Traditional RV central vac systems are underpowered and cumbersome to maintain. Wildcat chose to use the cordless Dyson DC35 vacuum as an option. Multiple floor plans even have a pre-wired, powered cabinet for the vacuum's installation (which doubles as a coat closet)!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrlakelover View Post
I like every idea and jonrjen has a great list.

My request is for Forest River to get rid of the tin back bumper and provide a standard bumper/frame setup that will allow us to carry up to at least 500lbs without fearing we will void our warranty, warp frames, break up floors or damage sidewalls. Practically all TT and FW owners at one time or another want to hang something off the back of their rig, especially bikes and/or generators.

Thanks ever so much for asking for our input!!
X2 I'd like it to be robust enough to tow my boat.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I can see where a full timer or snowbird might want a full size residential fridge. However, I don’t think a large fridge is necessary or even wanted for weekend campers or people who take extended trips of just a week or two. Also for those who winterized their trailers, the ice maker is one more thing to remember and I’m sure easily forgotten.

The few people I know that have residential refrigerators love them for their capacity and ice maker but those folks are full timers or snowbirds. I would certainly prefer a residential refrigerator for the extra capacity if I were a snowbird.

You have to take my opinion with a grain of salt Chris because I still think an outside kitchen is redundant and completely unnecessary. I’d rather have the extra storage space an outside kitchen takes up. Judging by the popularity of the outside kitchen it’s obvious I’m clueless as to what other RVers want.
My sentiments exactly, must be of the same vintage.LOL
Old 04-12-2014, 12:27 PM   #88

The Sabre line has a new model out with a rear kitchen with a double frig and a walk in pantry. I thought about trading my REQS-6 in on the new one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forest River Forums mobile app
Soxfan1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #89
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

How about running Cat 5e/6 alongside the coax to the multiple tv locations. I've looked at and tried wireless systems to stream movies from our collection, but none can handle the through put of HD movies to multiple tvs.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #90

Quote:
That's just not right!

Not fair! Need backstory Aquaman!!
Old 04-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #91
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Not fair! Need backstory Aquaman!!
Teaser

TURBS

Sabre owners united!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1397342494225.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	49700  
Old 04-12-2014, 05:44 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
We've looked into this system, but many users have told us their camp site has very weak WiFi (if available at all). This is rapidly changing and remains on our list of possible add-on options!

!

EXACTLY why I suggest the WIFI booster - depending on where you are, if the CG signal is weak it could be because you are not parked right next to the WIFI router in the CG office - this is where. a WIFI booster will amplify the weak signal. OTOH, the booster antenna will "reach out"-in some cases up to 7 miles (yes, miles!) so you might be able to find a local WIFI free hotspot.

FYI These antennas retail for @ $120.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #93

Quote:
How about running Cat 5e/6 alongside the coax to the multiple tv locations. I've looked at and tried wireless systems to stream movies from our collection, but none can handle the through put of HD movies to multiple tvs.

That is a function of your WIFI router Aquaman then new (for example) Apple airports with the 80211 C/D protocol have no problem with a good wifi signal (ergo the need for a antenna that can boost whatever WIFI signal you are receiving
Old 04-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Teaser

TURBS

Sabre owners united!

This looks to be a story guys (and chickie)
Old 04-19-2014, 06:30 PM   #95

Disk Brakes on the Trailer

Bill
2020 GMC Duramax-3500HD 4x4 CrewCab
B&W Companion 25K Fifth Wheel Hitch
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
56 Gallon Titan Tank
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #96

I don't want any internet technology from the RV manufacturer. It changes too quickly for you guys to keep up.

The only thing I'd request in that regard is accommodations for running wires up to the roof. Give me some sort of port that's weatherproof and would allow changing out the system in 2-3 years as the gear changes.
Boyink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:34 PM   #97
Moderator Emeritus

Not really 5th wheel specific, but I'd like to see tank level indicators on the outside of the trailer. It'd be nice to be able to check the status of the FW tank when filling without having to run around and go in to check it on the inside. I've found on mine that if I wait for the water to come back up the overflow tube (often soaking me) I might still only be between 1/3 and 2/3 full (since the indicator lights the 1/3 light) and I can still easily add many more gallons after the fact by adjusting the valve on my filler tube to slow down the amount going into the tank. After that point, I have no way of knowing when the overflow is actually indicating a full state or if it's just back pressure.

Putting a panel outside where I can check the tank levels would help that. And if you're going to put one out there anyways, might as well tie in the black and grey so you can tell if the sensors are seeing the same thing you see (empty) or if you need to run the black tank flush anymore.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:52 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
I'll settle for just fridge and bathroom. Especially bathroom when travelling with toddlers.
Check out the prime time crusader 325 res
Old 04-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #99

up-grade the wiring for the trailer brakes, Mil-Spec wiring would be my choice.

let someone spend a extra 15 minutes vacuuming the entire coach including the outside compartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGuy View Post
A usable 5th wheel with the slides in, so you can get to the fridge, sit at the table, and use the bathroom when stopping at rest stops.
they all ready make these, it is called the 344qb

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:48 PM   #100

Did I mention 3 AC units.
----------------------------
Nights camping:
(31) 2014, (18) 2013, (62) 2012, (57) 2011
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags