Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2016, 07:22 AM   #1

new 2015 275CK Bed room light problem

Hi would bought a new wildcat 275Ck that was delivered to us. Well soon after they left we noticed that the bedroom 12v lights did not have the led bulb in it so we took two out of the kitchen and put them in the socket. We clicked the switch and nothing happens. These are the two little lights that are right beside the bed. I guess you would call them reading lights. I have checked the breakers and the fuses on the battery but have not found anything. Has anyone had this problem and how did they fix it? Thank you in advance.

Lenny
lennyd96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:48 AM   #2
Campfire Master

First...Welcome! Glad you're here.

I know it sounds funny, but take the bulbs out and turn them around if they are the bayonet type. The LED bulbs have a polarity to them. I have run into this before too.

John
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:12 PM   #3

Thank you for the suggestion I tried it tonight but it didn't work. I'm thinking it might not be even connected to the battery. If I have a chance this weekend I might try taking it off the wall and see if the wires are connected or not. Its on both sides of the bed and it was funny that there was no bulb in it when it was delivered to me. That tells me someone else knew it wasn't working before I go it.
Lenny
lennyd96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:49 AM   #4

I may be well off base, on our Wildcat 353LS each of the reading lights can be turned on and off independent of the other. Have you looked to see if yours is the same and the individual light switch may be in the off position?

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:02 AM   #5

Thank you to all the suggestions. But now I feel really stupid always looking for a bigger problem then looking for the simple things first. What I found out after taking them off the wall is the led bulb used in the rest of the RV is different then the bed room. The bedroom uses a single pole led bulb end while the ones in the living room use a dual. That is why it would not come on is because I was using the wrong type bulb.

Thanks again for all your help

Lenny

Tags
bed, light, roo