Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Looking into this for the fall... Wildcat hasn't had a front living room since 2011-12, so it's probably time!
My better half fell in love with the Wildcat front living. The only thing I did not care for as that large, deep and high out side storage over the tires. In general a great looking 5th wheel.

In our seach for a 5th wheel, these are the things I we had on our must have list:

1 NO split bath or a bath in the bed room.
2 A place to put a full size Dish DVR reciever. (very hard to find)
3 Panty space. Most RVs are limited

Just my 2 cents on what we looked for in our purchase.
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #102
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinster30 View Post
My better half fell in love with the Wildcat front living. The only thing I did not care for as that large, deep and high out side storage over the tires. In general a great looking 5th wheel.

In our seach for a 5th wheel, these are the things I we had on our must have list:

1 NO split bath or a bath in the bed room.
2 A place to put a full size Dish DVR reciever. (very hard to find)
3 Panty space. Most RVs are limited

Just my 2 cents on what we looked for in our purchase.
Can't agree more on the panty space, very important after a raid. :-D

Sent from my HTC One using Forest River Forums mobile app
rockport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #103
Site Team

one of the things we have not liked, is how common having the living are seating, at 90 degrees to the tv. most have the tv toward the front with seating on both sides of the trailer, at 90 degrees.
we've looked at many with this setup and have found that even if the tv comes out on a swingarm, you will still have to turn your head to watch tv.

i just found a new Montana High Country rear kitchen floorplan, that at least has the theater seating straight across from the tv.

the Columbus 370FL has the same kind of thing in the front living room.

i just don't see why the manufacturers expect customers to be happy with having to crane their necks to watch tv. i'm sure most of us sit straight across from our tv, in our home.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #104

Hot tub would be perfect, esp with enough panty room!
Columbus 320 RS, 325 RL also have direct across seating. Any angle is too much even for a short 30 min show. The angle to hold your head is not natural nor conducive to entertainment.
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:40 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTJohn View Post
Hot tub would be perfect, esp with enough panty room!
Columbus 320 RS, 325 RL also have direct across seating. Any angle is too much even for a short 30 min show. The angle to hold your head is not natural nor conducive to entertainment.
Enough said....LOL!!!!

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:05 PM   #106
Site Team

Chris, just wanted you to know i actually saw the Montana High Country 293RK, in person and i was extremely impressed.
it's a little longer than the 282RK and a lot shorter than the 322RK models.

i really think Wildcat should take a look at this rear kitchen model. it also has room for washer and dryer, which neither Wildcat does.

i think mid-sized 5th wheel manufacturers need to look at this new line of 5th wheels from Montana.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 04-10-2014, 02:43 AM   #107
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
one of the things we have not liked, is how common having the living are seating, at 90 degrees to the tv. most have the tv toward the front with seating on both sides of the trailer, at 90 degrees. we've looked at many with this setup and have found that even if the tv comes out on a swingarm, you will still have to turn your head to watch tv.
Wildcat offers quite a few floor plans that position the TV directly across from the sofa or other seating option so you don't need to "turn you head" to watch: 295RSX (theater seats or recliners), 317RL (theater seats or recliners), 333MK (theater seats or recliners), 337FB (sofa or party sofa), and the 344QB (sofa or party sofa). Every Wildcat floor plan (except for the 293REX, which uses a TV lift system) includes the main TV installed on a lockable swing-arm mount which rotates, pivots, and extends out (making the more awkward entertainment center locations less problematic).
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:11 AM   #108

Sandpiper 35ROK has two recliners directly accross from tv
palominoryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:10 AM   #109

Sabre 33CKTS has recliners or theatre seating across from TV with its opposing slide setup the sofa is across rear of unit
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:26 AM   #110

Our 355LS Wildcat has the recliners across from the entertainment system. And the couch is on the back wall for those time you would rather stretch out, lay your head on the arm rest and watch TV. Just about perfect, maybe a small ice maker with liquor cabinet between the recliners would make it perfect.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #111
Site Team

Quote:
Wildcat offers quite a few floor plans that position the TV directly across from the sofa or other seating option so you don't need to "turn you head" to watch: 295RSX (theater seats or recliners), 317RL (theater seats or recliners), 333MK (theater seats or recliners), 337FB (sofa or party sofa), and the 344QB (sofa or party sofa). Every Wildcat floor plan (except for the 293REX, which uses a TV lift system) includes the main TV installed on a lockable swing-arm mount which rotates, pivots, and extends out (making the more awkward entertainment center locations less problematic).
my fault for not clarifying this. we are only looking at rear kitchen or front living room 5th wheels, with which this is a common issue.
the DW refuses to consider rear living room models.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #112

Lightbulb Outside controls of accessories

I think all trailers with powered tongue jack and stabilizers should have a switch on the inside to disable functions after set up to keep accidents or possible damage from happening. Seems like a safety issue to me. You should not have worry about that, but in todays world (especially unsupervised kids) anything is possible! Also same for outside radio with external controls. A nice feature until you come back to a party in your spot and your speakers are blown out or the batteries are dead !
If you build it they will come!
adamsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #113
JAYCO Representative

New floor plan prototype finished today! I'll post more info here soon!
Old 06-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #114

Wildcat or Wildcat Maxx? West coast guy here.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #115
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by goduc View Post
Wildcat or Wildcat Maxx? West coast guy here.
This will be a Wildcat (built in Elkhart). Although, if they approve of it (and I'm guessing they will), they could offer it as well. More to come on this...
Old 06-16-2014, 08:34 PM   #116
Always Learning

Quote:
New floor plan prototype finished today! I'll post more info here soon!

I'm curious- what is the design/prototype process like?

Do people/employees camp in the prototypes any? Or is it just a matter of walking around in it in the shop and showing it off to dealers/industry folks?

(And no, while this surely sounds like a loaded question- I'm honestly just curious.)
Old 06-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #117

It doesn't appear they camp in them or they would be more user friendly. How user friendly is it to have a tv on your right or left shoulder while watching a movie? Or dinettes that have cushions so soft and cheap that you can't sit for more than 20-30 minutes before you bottom out. Those are just a couple of the reasons why designers don't spend time in them. I'm not picking on FR by any means as it's an industry problem. There really is a lack of common sense is the design process. Or they're relying the bling to outsell the design.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #118

When I was a kid, we belonged to the StarCraft Camper Club. SC sponsored the club chapters (along with dealers) and supported a rally every year. I remember that people who worked at SC would be selected to take a new mdl to the rally and camp in it. They had to make it available for people to look at / tour it during certain days and times. I thought this was neat because the people who designed and built the campers had to live in them for week!
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:42 PM   #119

Hey Wildcat Chris anymore info on the new floor plan?????
johnthecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:57 PM   #120
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthecamper View Post
Hey Wildcat Chris anymore info on the new floor plan?????
Not quite ready to let this 'cat out of the bag, but it's a small, triple slide unit with an island kitchen -- and it's built on the same frame as our 272RLX, so it's a lot of camper in 30' of space! Fully featured (like the big Wildcats) but smaller form factor. More info coming very soon!

Tags
extralite, floorplan, forest river, sterling, wildcat