Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #21

At home we cook with a gas oven, gas stove top and a microwave/convection combo.
I believe that would be themost versatile set up in an RV as well. All you need to add is a separate warming tray and a dishwasher. Is it possible to include a maid

2020 Salem Cruise Lite 241QBXL
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn Eco-Diesel
Previous Trailer -> 2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
-> 1996 Jayco 1207
Barney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
Why could you not go back to a four burner stove. Some people use the unit for more then just weekends. DW is always complaining that she does not have enough burners on the stove top. If you want good input take a trailer with the set up you are asking about out for a week with your wives and get their input. Too many trailers are designed with out the input of a woman. I hear more women complaining about the same problem with their trailers (no counter space).
+1 on four burners!! And make the ridiculous grate on the top better. Some of my pots/pans won't sit straight because the spaces between are too big. Very frustrating.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #23

I prefer the current 3 burner stove with oven. I've used 110v Micro/Conv Combo and they take too long to preheat. Also, even 50 amp service you will still be at risk of tripping the breaker at the service pole with that heating up, running the A/C, TV, water heater element and fridge.

I would like a drawer dishwasher.

Counter space is important, we compromised with our 31TS and the kitchen work surface is too little if doing any serious cooking. The new "L" shaped galleys look to be an improvement.

Other items: more drawers, 3 are not enough. Overhead cabinet doors that lift up (like a boat) with push lock knobs or handles and open up the entire cabinet space. Slotted cabinet for pan lids and sheet pans. Pull out shelves in deep cabinets.

Always look forward to seeing new design ideas in Wildcats.
foolsrushin is offline   Reply With Quote