Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #1

New To Travel Trailer

Just purchase our 2018 Wildcat T311RKS, hoping we have lots of good times. Lots to learn but so far so good. Any ideas on where to by the TV mount that fits into the ones they have installed on outside kinda "v" shaped. We need the part that goes on TV. Also has anyone added shelf in Kitchen cabinets? having a few issues with our distribution hitch posted problem in another section, all in all seems like a nice unit, glad i do home repair for a living got some things i want to add/change
fairpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairpilot View Post
Just purchase our 2018 Wildcat T311RKS, hoping we have lots of good times. Lots to learn but so far so good. Any ideas on where to by the TV mount that fits into the ones they have installed on outside kinda "v" shaped. We need the part that goes on TV. Also has anyone added shelf in Kitchen cabinets? having a few issues with our distribution hitch posted problem in another section, all in all seems like a nice unit, glad i do home repair for a living got some things i want to add/change
Here is one, I just googled "outdoor camper tv mount", a bunch of them came up.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Trave...453572273F35A4
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:22 PM   #3

they do not have the mounts that are installed on the outside of our trailer. I have searched and now am going to call forest river. Not sure why they put this mount on outside of trailer but do not give you the part to mount to the TV, plus this mount is prob on a ton of the trailers but very difficult to locate the TV side.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:32 PM   #4

Quote:
they do not have the mounts that are installed on the outside of our trailer. I have searched and now am going to call forest river. Not sure why they put this mount on outside of trailer but do not give you the part to mount to the TV, plus this mount is prob on a ton of the trailers but very difficult to locate the TV side.
Have you pulled your TV to see it is on the back?
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:33 PM   #5

My dealer got mine from forest river last March. Then when we traded in to a bigger camper in december they order the wall side from forest river to put on our new keystone exactly where I wanted it placed. Have you dealer call forest river they should be able to get you the tv side of the mount.
kylemcmahon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Google is your friend. amazon too.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:47 PM   #7

I'm willing to bet this is what you're looking for:

https://www.amazon.com/PAW-Internati...=rv+tv+bracket
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Have you pulled your TV to see it is on the back?
checked TV it has a different mount
Old 03-19-2018, 10:29 PM   #9

yes me and google are good friends, i spend lots on him and he spends zero on me
Old 03-19-2018, 10:46 PM   #10

Quote:
checked TV it has a different mount
see post #7

Google and Amazon are your friends.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:51 PM   #11
Always Learning

Quote:
Also has anyone added shelf in Kitchen cabinets?

I find that many cabinets in RVs need extra shelves. On my Spartan, I was able to make an entire cabinet out of deadspace.

It’s yours- customize it as you see fit!
Old 03-19-2018, 11:17 PM   #12

Here’s what I did to add more shelves inside the cabinets Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1766.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	279.2 KB
ID:	165707
SlfMdeFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Here's what I did////
Zak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:47 AM   #14

Quote:
lets try this again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	suction cup mount close up.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	165730  
Zak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:55 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak1 View Post
lets try this again
I believe the OP is looking for the half that attaches to the tv set, not the wall.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:58 AM   #16

You might use some of these; it's what we use. Lots easier than trying to build a new shelf. Plus you can move them around and/or remove them as needed. They come in dozens of varieties. Some are expandable like the one below. Some are actually two or more shelves high.

Google "expandable wire shelf," click on "images," and you'll see tons of different ones. Here, I did it for you:

https://www.google.com/search?q=expa...w=1517&bih=750

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:23 PM   #17

Mount problem solved, Forest River is sending me what i need.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:20 PM   #18
Working at retired:D

Wink

Quote:
Enjoy your Wildcat. We like the rear kitchen floor plan. We have 2017 Wildcat 301RES. Almost same as the 311RKS. 301 has a residential fridge. Almost bought the 311 but got a good deal on the 301. Anyway
Seems you found the tv mount through Forest River. I had to do the same. Although dealer took care of it no charge. I did a lot of looking on line but nothing matches it. The PAW looks similar but doesn’t work.
I also experienced same situation in kitchen cabinets. I used 3/16 birch plywood for shelves and 1x1 pine as support legs. Built them inside the cabinets using a $15 Harbor Freight finish air nailer. Shelves just sit in there. Nothing is attached to the wall or cabinets. They can’t move as shelves extend behind cabinet faces. Work out good and was low cost.

Couple more mods. Added a couple drawers in the bath vanity and a linen cabinet in the bathroom. What did you do to your camper today? - Page 1046 - Forest River Forums
Another mod in living room. What did you do to your camper today? - Page 1047 - Forest River Forums
Planning to mod the little stand between the recliners this season. I opened it up, mostly empty space. Plan to add shelves to hold tv, radio and Roku remotes.
Happy camping

2017 Wildcat 301RES - 2017 Ford F-250
tx333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:58 PM   #19

got my TV mounts today and Forest River sent me 2 wall mounts instead of the part that mounts to the TV, I know have 3 wall mounts and nothing to mount to my tv to hook to one of these mounts, I was very clear what I needed in several back and forth emails. back to square one. Very frustrating,
also been waiting on a new chair that was torn on walk thru. Seem very un- organized
Old 04-10-2018, 05:51 AM   #20

Quote:
got my TV mounts today and Forest River sent me 2 wall mounts instead of the part that mounts to the TV, I know have 3 wall mounts and nothing to mount to my tv to hook to one of these mounts, I was very clear what I needed in several back and forth emails. back to square one. Very frustrating,
also been waiting on a new chair that was torn on walk thru. Seem very un- organized
Buy the two matching mounts from Amazon for $28.00

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer