Old 12-01-2015, 02:30 PM   #21

Well I guess when its time to replace my Wildcat, I'll be looking at another manufacturer. I see that they've discontinued some of there best floor plans/and amenities...

Bill
2008 GMC Duramx-2500HD 4x4 CrewCab
52 Gallon Titan Fuel Tank
Reese18K Signature Series 5th Wheel Hitch With Slider #30085
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 04:43 PM   #22

We'll keep our Wildcat as long as possible. We are very happy with all the upgrades and optional features that came with the early 2015 models that apparently are now gone. In my opinion FR would have been wiser to increase the price and keep the upgrades rather than taking a big step backward.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:15 PM   #23

We purchased a 2103 Wildcat 312BHX earlier this year. We had all the bugs/punch list items taken care of by Explore USA and have been happy with the unit so far. My question is how does the manufacurer expect you to access the pump and plumbing unless you completely remove all items from the basement and then crawl inside the basement and remove all the screws?
Old 12-05-2015, 02:18 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
We'll keep our Wildcat as long as possible. We are very happy with all the upgrades and optional features that came with the early 2015 models that apparently are now gone. In my opinion FR would have been wiser to increase the price and keep the upgrades rather than taking a big step backward.

My feelings exactly!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:03 PM   #25

Perhaps wildcat Chris knew the scoop and his departure was in anticipation of these changes. *Strictly my own goofball opinion*

Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:37 PM   #26

Hello all, I just joined the forum sine we are looking to upgrade from a tt to a 5th wheel.

We felt in love with the 312qbx ( we have three boys and the bunks incl. the sitting area is great) but as stated before it seems they are discontinued...and as also stated before the new models seem not to be on the same standard as the ones before.

I somehow have the feeling that the new wildcat maxx models are still more like the 2015 models... Is this impression correct or are there other experiences out there?
What I am wondering is, if the new models still have the visper quiet AC? I think I have seen on some pictures (they don't show the ceiling too often) a "normal" AC...

If I am not mistaken the wildcat maxx 312bhs can be ordered either with the outdoor kitchen or with the table.

Another question would be, if somebody has some experience to get a wildcat maxx from a dealer outside the "normal" distribution zone? We are in Florida and I wonder if one of the big dealers can get one from another location from the west coast?

Finally one more question, does anybody have experience with winter camping with the wildcat maxx since they offer an all season package.

Would be great if some of you could share your experience and knowledge!

Thank you

Von meinem iPad gesendet
Old 04-15-2016, 04:28 PM   #27

Bavaria, I also just joined as we are looking at a new Wildcat. We originally wanted a 314BHX but they are no longer available unless you can find one still on a dealer's lot.

However, Forest River is about to add some new floor plans and they should be getting to dealers in the next month. I am not sure why Forest River hasn't updated their website but my dealer showed me a plan for a 32BHX fifth wheel that is just starting to come off the assembly line. It's about one foot longer than the 314BHX and is almost the same floor plan minus the kitchen island and the kitchen no longer slides out. I actually like the plan better than the 314BHX in general but wish they hadn't changed from the drop frame and eliminated the Whisper Quiet AC. I do however like the fact that it has a washer and dryer hook up as we go beach camping every year for a week or more and I get tired of washing our beach wear at the laundromat.

The also have another model coming out that starts with a 38 but I didn't look at that plan because it was longer than I wanted to purchase.

As a side note, the new 32BHX is lighter than the 314BHX which it appears to replace. I was told dry weight of 9677 and pin weight of 1630. I expect to see one at my local dealer in about a week.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:31 PM   #28

Thank you Wgm320 for your update. I will watch out for it.

I also got some more information in the meantime.

Apparently you can get also the wildcat maxx models from the west coast via a wildcat dealer from the east. I checked with the factory and a local dealer confirmed. Getting it to Florida is about 3000USD.

I think ( just my opinion) the east coast models have a nicer look to it now (more like the 2015 wildcat models which I really liked especially with the topics you mentioned about the AC and the drop frame) and I like the fact of the 4 season package. They never had the visper quite AC...and unfortunately it's not available for an option.

Will search now the Internet about the one you mentioned.

Cheers,
Jakob
Old 04-20-2016, 01:44 PM   #29

The new 32BHX showed up on the website today: Wildcat Fifth Wheels by Forest River RV

Tags
cat, wildcat, modifications