Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #1

Newbie questions for 312QBX

Just got a new 312QBX and am starting to get familiarized with it. Really looking forward to taking it out for the first time. Had a couple questions I was curious if anyone could help shed some light on.

1) Where is the manual override for the wardrobe slide located? I have poked around and found the main slide override but can't find the one for the wardrobe. I doubt I will ever need it but I always like to know these type of things before I need arises.

2) I got the rear backup camera. I notice the IR LEDs glow constantly even when I don't have the screen on/connected. Does this drain the battery? Is there a way to shut it off? Also, "night vision" is pretty hard to see, mostly I can vaguely see if there is a person there. Is that normal?

Thanks in advance for any help or attention paid to this.
anonmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:55 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonmill View Post
Just got a new 312QBX and am starting to get familiarized with it. Really looking forward to taking it out for the first time. Had a couple questions I was curious if anyone could help shed some light on.

1) Where is the manual override for the wardrobe slide located? I have poked around and found the main slide override but can't find the one for the wardrobe. I doubt I will ever need it but I always like to know these type of things before I need arises.

2) I got the rear backup camera. I notice the IR LEDs glow constantly even when I don't have the screen on/connected. Does this drain the battery? Is there a way to shut it off? Also, "night vision" is pretty hard to see, mostly I can vaguely see if there is a person there. Is that normal?

Thanks in advance for any help or attention paid to this.
1. Is your wardrobe slide like my bedroom slide, do you see four cables on the outside when it is out? If so, there is a panel on the middle of the bottom or top of the slide, on the inside, that will access the drive motor. You should have recieved a flex drive (silver flex shaft) to operate this slide. Google BAL Accu-slide.

2. On the new models, like my 2015, the camera does stay on. If doesn't use much power 300 mA
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:24 AM   #3

Thank you Learjet, I appreciate the information and feedback.

I will double check for a panel and will likely have my wife run the slide while I am next to it to try a listen if the drive motor is at the top or bottom of the slide. I did see one section that looked like an access panel on the bottom left (directly under the part of the slide that is in the bathroom) but could not see how to remove it even running my fingers through the carpet that covers it. It appears to be to be stapled/nailed directly to the wardrobe base, though less securely than the rest of the slide base inside the bedroom.

Thanks for the heads up on the camera.
anonmill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags