Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2017, 12:24 AM   #1

Newbie Questions - Sterling Wildcat 32RL

DW and I just upgraded from our 20' 2011 FR Apache Max pop up to a 2013 Sterling Wildcat 32RL. She and her deceased husband had never used the pop up but she and I had used it twice. She did not enjoy the pop up. On our way home from Glacier NP she said, "I think we need to buy a fifth wheel camper."

I had never pulled anything larger than the pop up but...,

We brought it to our managed forest property, Saturday. The dealership replaced a door with a hole in it and was supposed to clean some spots on the carpeting since we bought a service contract on the interior, etc.

First trip to our semi permanent camp site about 100 miles.

On our way there, we were routed through Spokane, WA on a temp route (US 395) as we hopped off the freeway and rounded a corner we saw an overpass, it was a narrow road and low. The point, it was 12' 8" and our rig is 12' 7" which I confirmed today even though no map nor app showed it that low. I will report it to the All Stay's App developer even though it is a temporary route, it is exactly what I was trying to avoid my first pull.

Question 1. Scare lights. I have read references on this forum and in the FR 2013 Wildcat spec sheet. What and where are they?

Question 2. Inverter. I saw the thread re the 2018 question. I have searched the cargo bay around the battery. Don't see it. I looked all over when I was looking for the hot water switch. The picture in the owner's manual does not match the actual switch which my DW found instantly in the Command Center. But inverter? BTW! I had her look too.

Question 3. Speaking of Command Center. Switches, I see the pixie lights for the different tank/battery levels. Am I to assume these may had been functional at one time? Right now, the gallery gray tank reads full but I emptied it this am because the dealer told me they had to clean them twice and had put chemicals in the tanks and to leave it in for three days. I waited five. I suppose the sensors are buried deep in the bowels but are they serviceable? I doubt the service contract covers them.

Question 4. While we are mod'g our site, we are running this thing on 30 amps, something I would not have done except the dealer said it was working fine on 30 and they did not have any 50 amp service on their lot. While we were there, they had the ac going full blast and they said they were running the forward ac also. However, forward ac area reads AC Ready. There is a blowerClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1501823994.265623.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	147106. I have not used that for ac so I can not verify until I get 50 amp service. Is this normal?

I will have more.

As a novice Glamper, it still applies.
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, newbie, sterling, wildcat