Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #11
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
Do you really believe that all of the OP problems are related to a bike rack and overloading, even though he hasn't mentioned either.
While I have not encountered any issue with my Flagstaff, I have read copious threads on quality control issues. Face the fact that quality control is lacking in this industry.

And to the OP, and as already mentioned, contact Wildcat Chris. I have seen where he has stepped up to the plate and helped many members.
Just mentioned a possible scenario that may explain the "givens."

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 10-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
Well join the crowd. Bought my FR in May and was unable to use until the end of August due to numerous problems that took until now to get somewhat resolved. Be aware that a lot of FR employees are members of this forum. Still, it is like pulling wisdom teeth to get FR to repair anything let alone answer the phone when you are able to get a number. Bought my first and last FR product ever.
Having personally experianced this my sympathy goes out to all of you.

Had I know Forest River is not accedited by the Better Business B. I would not have bought from them. You receive this (accedited) label only when you resolve problems in a timely and proffesional maner. My bad, I never checked them out.

Jack
in my experience the only company that cared about customer satisfaction was Airstream, never had a warranty issue and they actually would occasionally ask if we were happy. the reason they were pretty much problem free was they did not use new technology, they only had a slide for a few years and stopped using them when it became apparent they did not work well. they use the same construction techniques from year to year and they try to keep the same employees and they are responsible for the items that they work on, you do pay the price though in both MSRP and innovation.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #13
PPST OGCDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob mc View Post
we have a 2013 wildcat maxx 28rls that has developed a crack above the bedroom slide in the fiberglass skin. this is apparently happening in several models as reported in these forums. we have dealt with poor workmanship, quality control issues, broken main slide gear, main slide and bedroom slide leaks, shorts in wiring, heat has failed a second time, cabinet face fell off the dinette, and a toilet that overflowed while in storage due to a leaky valve. this trailer is 6 months old. forest river, this trailer is not acceptable!!!!
If the dealer can not help you here is Wildcat Service:

IMPORTANT SERVICE CONTACT INFORMATION:

Forest River Warranty & Service (Elkhart):
55135 County Road 1
Elkhart, IN 46514
574-206-7600

Bryan Knight
Wildcat Warranty Representative (Elkhart)
574-206-7609
574-206-2484 FAX
bknight@forestriverinc.com

Terry Milarczyk
Wildcat Warranty Manager (Elkhart)
574-206-7618
tmilarczyk@forestriverinc.com

Kyle Hilliard
Wildcat Parts Representative (Elkhart)
(574) 206-7615
khilliard@forestriverinc.com
Old 10-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
First let me say I'm feel your pain as I too had a trailer that caused me nothing but headaches. However, it wasn't Forest River that didn't fix our problems to our satisfaction, it was the dealer.

Whether a company is accredited or not with the BBB doesn't mean a hill of beans. Businesses must apply for accreditation, if they don't apply they aren't accredited. It's as simple as that. If you researched a bit further you would have found on the BBB website that Forest River get an A+ rating and that they closed 25 complaints in the past 12 months.

My current Silverback by Cedar Creek has only had a couple of minor issues that were fixed by our dealer in a timely fashion. We're completing our second full season with this fifth wheel and I'm happy with my FR product.
I think your second paragraph is BS. Why would FR not apply for accreditation if this were true?? Secondly FR does not have a A+ rating with the BBB and we were told FR is not even a member.
When we (attorney) checked with the BBB in June 2013 FR had 126 outstanding complaints against it.

A lot of FR forum members also work in some way for FR. Do you? Last time some one stood up for FR against one of my post's he turned out to be an Executive for FR pretending to be just another Forum member. Take no offense but I just had to ask and the membership needs to know.

Jack
Old 10-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #15

Quote:
I think your second paragraph is BS. Why would FR not apply for accreditation if this were true?? Secondly FR does not have a A+ rating with the BBB and we were told FR is not even a member.
When we (attorney) checked with the BBB in June 2013 FR had 126 outstanding complaints against it.

A lot of FR forum members also work in some way for FR. Do you? Last time some one stood up for FR against one of my post's he turned out to be an Executive for FR pretending to be just another Forum member. Take no offense but I just had to ask and the membership needs to know.

Jack
First of all I am not associated with Forest River in any way. On this forum the members who are associated with FR and/or the RV industry are easily identified because their screen names appear in GREEN. The moderators of this forum do a great job of identifying those who work in the industry.

Having attended both of the Goshen Indiana FROG rallies Iíve seen firsthand the commitment Forest River has to their customers. You donít have to take my word for it, ask any of the FRF members that attended either of the rallies and see what they say.

As to my second paragraph being BS, here is a link to the BBB website where I gathered my information. Please take the time to read it.

Forest River, Inc. (Corporate) Business Review in Goshen, IN - Northern Indiana BBB

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Old 10-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #16
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
A lot of FR forum members also work in some way for FR. Do you? Last time some one stood up for FR against one of my post's he turned out to be an Executive for FR pretending to be just another Forum member. Take no offense but I just had to ask and the membership needs to know. Jack
Jack,

PM me with who that was...

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 10-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Jack,

PM me with who that was...

I'd be interested to know too , as I'm sure many other forum members.
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Old 10-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #18

Quote:
I think your second paragraph is BS. Why would FR not apply for accreditation if this were true?? Secondly FR does not have a A+ rating with the BBB and we were told FR is not even a member. When we (attorney) checked with the BBB in June 2013 FR had 126 outstanding complaints against it.

Jack
You need to check your facts. It's really easy to do. Just go to bbb.org and look up Forest River Inc. Be sure to get the "Campers" one in Goshen Indiana.

They absolutely have an A+ rating. There are no complaints currently unresolved that I can see.

It's not uncommon for a business to not be a BBB member or to not be accredited. This is explained on the BBB site. Go read it.

I disagree with your statement that "A lot of FR forum members also work in some way for FR". That's also not true.

If you ever find a "FR Executive pretending to be just another Forum member" we want to know about it. (Just use the "Report Post" icon (exclamation point).) Commercial members are supposed to be marked as Commercial and we are very happy to have them on FRF.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #19
Site Team

This is where you insert the sounds of crickets.......
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63
Old 10-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

Jack
This makes me laugh.

Tags
camper