Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2019, 05:21 PM   #1

Exclamation Nothing but Problems and a Complete Runaround from Forest River

It saddens me to write this post. We purchased our 2017 Wildcat in the fall of 2016. It is a 2017 Forest River Wildcat 363RB MSRP: $62,000+
I love the layout of the camper - it is perfect for our family and the reason I had to have it when we first found it online. Below is a list of SOME of the issues we have experienced. The most important issue being our roof problems that are the last item listed below. This is the one I need advice on.

Most recently, we had contacted Terry (with Forest River / Wildcat) in September explaining our current issue with the ballooning. We have had 3 different service technicians from different companies state that it's a manufacturing defect and should not be occurring this early in ownership. After much back and forth, Terry agreed that FR would send out a roof kit and cover the materials for a new roof. This happened in October. We kept in touch with him wondering where our materials were. He told us it takes 2 weeks to receive. We have continued to call his number and we would get his voicemail. We'd leave messages, send emails -- looking for an update on our roof. Finally, today, 12/13/19, we called back again to the main number and were informed he's no longer employed there. I don't know what this will mean for our roof but we have received nothing but a complete runaround from FR since this issue came to light. Winter weather is beginning here in NC and I'm afraid the roof will leak and cause further damage when we have snowfall. Please someone tell me who I can get in touch with to get these matters corrected so we can begin enjoying our camper again. Most of the issues we have had with this unit, I can look past -- but a roof replacement at 3 years of ownership due to a manufacturing defect is just too much! Especially considering the amount of money we paid to buy this unit brand new! If you have read this far.. thank you. Any help or advice is so greatly appreciated.

Some of our problems with this unit..
- Outdoor slide with outdoor kitchen broke within 1 year and the slide motor was replaced under factory warranty.
- Plumbing on 2nd bath was not properly installed resulting in a $300 repair not covered under warranty (2nd year ownership).
- Microwave had no support installed under it which resulted in the metal fascia breaking (2nd year ownership).
- Super – Slide spider gear sheared off and had to be replaced (2nd year ownership)
- TV wiring for antenna was not properly connected from the factory
- Fender skirt vibrated itself loose to the point of breaking off coming down the road due to no supports on the super-slide. (2nd year ownership)
- The couch fabric began shedding at 14months of ownership and has now fully shed on the front of it and both cushions split in the middle on the seam. (I will attach pictures if I can figure out how)
- Rear slide with outdoor kitchen has 2 teeth broken on the worm gear that requires replacement. It causes the slide to misalign and not function properly. (2nd year ownership)
- Kitchen dinette table was not properly attached to the floor from the factory; screwed only to the carpet and not to the subfloor.
- Roof membrane was not glued properly. We were told by our dealer that we needed to replace the roof ($8,000) just 24 months after purchase due to this manufacturing defect. Contacted Terry Baughman with Wildcat on 7/25/18 he claimed that it was normal from factory for the roof to have ripples. Our roof had ripples that were 6 feet long running the length of the camper. He told us to watch it for a year or 2 and give him a call if we continued to have issues. At the 3 year mark (fall 2019) – our camper began ballooning up going down the road and we were informed by a passing motorist.
tizmeashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:34 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeashley View Post
It saddens me to write this post. We purchased our 2017 Wildcat in the fall of 2016. It is a 2017 Forest River Wildcat 363RB MSRP: $62,000+
I love the layout of the camper - it is perfect for our family and the reason I had to have it when we first found it online. Below is a list of SOME of the issues we have experienced. The most important issue being our roof problems that are the last item listed below. This is the one I need advice on.

Most recently, we had contacted Terry (with Forest River / Wildcat) in September explaining our current issue with the ballooning. We have had 3 different service technicians from different companies state that it's a manufacturing defect and should not be occurring this early in ownership. After much back and forth, Terry agreed that FR would send out a roof kit and cover the materials for a new roof. This happened in October. We kept in touch with him wondering where our materials were. He told us it takes 2 weeks to receive. We have continued to call his number and we would get his voicemail. We'd leave messages, send emails -- looking for an update on our roof. Finally, today, 12/13/19, we called back again to the main number and were informed he's no longer employed there. I don't know what this will mean for our roof but we have received nothing but a complete runaround from FR since this issue came to light. Winter weather is beginning here in NC and I'm afraid the roof will leak and cause further damage when we have snowfall. Please someone tell me who I can get in touch with to get these matters corrected so we can begin enjoying our camper again. Most of the issues we have had with this unit, I can look past -- but a roof replacement at 3 years of ownership due to a manufacturing defect is just too much! Especially considering the amount of money we paid to buy this unit brand new! If you have read this far.. thank you. Any help or advice is so greatly appreciated.

- Outdoor slide with outdoor kitchen broke within 1 year and the slide motor was replaced under factory warranty.
- Plumbing on 2nd bath was not properly installed resulting in a $300 repair not covered under warranty (2nd year ownership).
- Microwave had no support installed under it which resulted in the metal fascia breaking (2nd year ownership).
- Super – Slide spider gear sheared off and had to be replaced (2nd year ownership)
- Fender skirt vibrated itself loose to the point of breaking off coming down the road due to no supports on the super-slide. (2nd year ownership)
- The couch fabric began shedding at 14months of ownership and has now fully shed on the front of it and both cushions split in the middle on the seam. (I will attach pictures if I can figure out how)
- Rear slide with outdoor kitchen has 2 teeth broken on the worm gear that requires replacement. It causes the slide to misalign and not function properly. (2nd year ownership)
- Kitchen dinette table was not properly attached to the floor from the factory; screwed only to the carpet and not to the subfloor.
- Roof membrane was not glued properly. We were told by our dealer that we needed to replace the roof ($8,000) just 24 months after purchase due to this manufacturing defect. Contacted Terry Baughman with Wildcat on 7/25/18 he claimed that it was normal from factory for the roof to have ripples. Our roof had ripples that were 6 feet long running the length of the camper. He told us to watch it for a year or 2 and give him a call if we continued to have issues. At the 3 year mark (fall 2019) – our camper began ballooning up going down the road and we were informed by a passing motorist.

If you can, keep and print copies of these messages & emails and try to find out who took his place. I had the same issue where the person I was in contact with & sending emails back & forth left for another RV company & the new person couldn't get into the previous persons email. When it finally came time to get the work done, they weren't going to cover it because it was now beyond the warranty period........UNTIL I resent ALL the back & forth emails & pics that I had to the new warranty person. Ultimately, the work was approved and repaired to my satisfaction.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 09:33 AM   #3
Commercial Member

tizmeashley,

Thank you for being a part of the Wildcat family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your Wildcat and the following unsatisfactory service. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Sara Hankins in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/Direct...20849215269697.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:25 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum even you are a long time member first time poster its a great place to get your questions answered. Looks like some action is being taken good luck going forward.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:14 PM   #5

I'm glad to see someone with a moral compass that is correct has gotten to you.
we were not so lucky with our second FR product a 2017after 75+ emails back and forth I found a company rep who also cared.
the manager before this higher level individual signed his return email back to me with "Not my product not my problem" and no name or signature block.
we had already traded for a 2018 KZ at that time.
our new 2020 Rockwood is peppered with issues and luckily to date I have had an excellent rep @ Rockwood. the dealership has been sluggish though and some parts I have purchased and gotten reimbursed for these corrections from Dometic and Furrion.

once you get to the top you will be ok.
Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_FR View Post
tizmeashley,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your Wildcat and the following unsatisfactory service. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Sara Hankins in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/Direct...20849215269697.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
Thank you. Please help these folks.
I hope they respond back with positive news!
Brickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 02:23 PM   #7

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Geez Louis. If I had heard all this stuff and very low ratings Forest River gets in the surveys I may never have bought my unit.

So, nearing 4 years and no defects, the only problems I have I caused myself.

2016 APEX 215rbk
2016 F-150 4WD 3.55 3.5l ecoboost
jwfrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 03:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeashley View Post

I would be talking to my lawyer
Bob Gowryluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 04:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_FR View Post
tizmeashley,

Respectfully,
Forest River
It is VERY kind for you to step in and acknowledge FR's commitment to Customer Satisfaction.

From their description they had many issues that should have been addressed as warranty issues. Should that turn out to be true FR's response will go a long way to assuage the rest of us as to FR's commitment to excellence and Customer Satisfaction.

As Im sure you are well aware, we all have multiple choices when we look to purchase our next RV and your response to Customer Satisfaction is a MAJOR factor in our decision in which brand to purchase.

Personally I believe you have a GREAT product and deserve credit where credit is due for stepping up when the circumstances warrant that factory intervention.

MANY of us will be watching to hear how this turned out for them.

Again. MANY THANKS, Douglas
Old 12-16-2019, 10:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gowryluk View Post
I would be talking to my lawyer
Interesting. What's your legal theory for recovery?

Tags
forest river