Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #1

Now a Shower Leak

I now have the second water leak issue with my camper in the short two months I have owned it! Yes, I am steaming upset about it because it is simply unacceptable. What a nightmare of an experience with Wildcat and it has been this way from the start.

Water is escaping the shower and I have troubleshooted and added more caulk with no success. Water is underneath the tile and yes the sub floor is wet.

Now I am trying to find a place to fix it and water doesn't seem to be a priority with the places I have called. Maybe I can just drive it back to factory waiving a white flag because I have had enough.
Wildcat Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #2

Do a search on these forums for Wildcat Chris. He is a factory rep for Wildcat. I'm sure he can help you. But what about your dealer??
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #3

My dealer is trying to help, but I am active duty military and recently moved so I have to call around to see if anyone will help me out. I am waiting to hear back from Wildcat warranty and then see what will happen.

Fixed or not, no one should have to deal with two water leaks on a brand new camper, it's unacceptable.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #4

My Georgetown shower leaked when I first got it. Had it back to the dealer thinking it was the trap. They could find nothing. I finally discovered that it leaked through the wall. I ended up removing the entire shower my self and found no sealent was used behind screws or seams. Bought a tube of bath caulk but it back together and all was fine. Perhaps you have the same issue. I know how you feel. I also was woried about the sub floor.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #5

Wow, you did more than I would have...it's not my problem...it's Wildcat's problem and unfortunately I am dealing with it. Hopefully they will step up and make it right...however, this should not even be an issue with a brand new camper. As I have stated before, I am very disappointed with these water related issues. I am not sure there is a more serious issue with a camper than a leaking one and I have had two of them in two months.

I will keep everyone posted on Wildcat's effort in my repair process and making it right...we shall see what happens.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:29 PM   #6
JAYCO Representative

Exclamation Here to help!

Jason, I've been in contact with my warranty department about your issues and will update again tomorrow morning after our weekly staff meeting...! Please send me a private message with all the details if you've got the time!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #7

PM sent Chris.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #8
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Blue View Post
PM sent Chris.
My people are trying to get a hold of you!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris
My people are trying to get a hold of you!
Yes, Rod called and left a msg yesterday and I have left two msgs with him as well. Looks like we are playing phone tag. I am on vacation in the Ozarks this week, so hopefully we will catch each other at some point.

However, the main issue is finding a nearby repair center near St.Louis where I can get my camper fixed within a reasonable timeframe...which IMHO is ASAP because of the leaking water. I just need to know where to take it next week when I get back from vacation. That is really my main concern...thanks.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #10

Talked to Rod and was given numbers of local dealers to call. Only two said they would even take a look, but not until September. I am still trying to work this all out but I am also looking at trading it in as a last resort if I can't find someone to fix it.

I don't have time for this and frankly my confidence is shaken by the brand and the dealers that represent it.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #11

I am still awaiting a response from Rod as to what I should do about my leak. The soonest I can get it repaired locally is September, but I have offered to drive it back to the factory ASAP. Sure, I could not use the shower until then, but in my current situation, I have to.

I have caulked everywhere I possibly know where to caulk inside and out, so anything short of removing the shower and tub will just be a band aid. I just took these photos after running the shower for 8 minutes. If Wildcat is ok waiting until September, I guess I am too. This sucks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120730_194742.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	17304

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120730_194714.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	17303
Old 09-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #12

Send a message via Skype™ to Boots49
I have a Wildcat Model WCF31TS, that we named Puss. She has had a shower leak since day one, not a big leak. The service department has been tightening the hot & cold nuts, every time I brought it in, finally I took a video of where the water was coming from. When you took a shower the water would go between the faucet & the tub, running down the threads & into the compartment under the front of the tub, which has an access door of about 6 inches square, fun to work in. Finally they sent me a new factory faucet, Phoenix Diverter/Faucet # 27620, which after I installed, still leaks. I called Phoenix, which informed me that this faucet was made to be installed in a pick up truck camper, where you were away from the zinc with the shower head. What I have done, was to lift the faucet off the tub & calk around the 2 holes for the pipes, hopefully the water will run under the faucet & into the tub. I have not tried it yet, since I was late getting it done, so next time I go out I will see what happens. Funny that the factory would install the wrong faucet, maybe this was your problem, hope it helps, Boots49.
Boots49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #13

I had a leak into the basement compartment from the shower. I found the calking around the drain was the area but the real problem was a plastic little strainer that was placed over the drain to keep stuff from going down drain (hair). If somone stepped on that plastic it put pressure on the drain fittting causing the leak. Replaced sealant tightened and threw plastic stainer into trash.
Chicken Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #14

Send a message via Skype™ to Boots49
The faucet sits on the edge of the tub, the walls of the shower sit on the inside of the tub, with the shower head above, when the water comes down the wall if runs, either under the faucet or through any hole on top of the faucet, ex. where the diverter comes out. This is why I figured, leave a space under the faucet, calk the two holes around the hot & cold water pipes, the water coming down the wall should go under the faucet & into the tub. I will see in a couple of weeks when I get back to Puss & take a shower. Wish me luck.

Al & Susanne
Aka: Puss 'n Boots
Wildcat 31 TS - Silverado 2500 DuraMax Diesel
Tip of the Day: Stay safe, have fun and never leave the cat out in the rain!
Boots49 is offline   Reply With Quote