Old 08-08-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
Outside speaker placement

I have a "new to me" 2008 28RKBS. The outside speakers are only about 4 feet apart. The rear is near the rear of the trailer, several feet beyond the awning. Since most folk sit outside under the awning.....I just wonder what were they thinking putting speakers where they did? Am I the only one?

mikkeeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:01 PM   #2
No, you're not the only one. My speakers are in the rear slide AFTER the door & awning, nowhere near where anyone would be sitting. Now I also have an outside kitchen in that slide. The kitchen is first & then the speakers. We're going to put a small awning on the slide & maybe set a table there to sit, campsite allowing, or I'm going to just get an ipod dock/stereo to place on the table under the main awning. In my case, I think it was just easier & therefore less expensive to run the wires in the slide while they were running them for the kitchen. (2014 Wildcat 293 Rex)

We recently went to an RV show & looked to see where speakers were placed. I'm not even sure ours is the worst. One trailer had one speaker behind the entry door after it was latched opened. Others had them way up high (not too bad) and some were only about 2', maybe 3' apart.

You really do wonder sometimes "What were they thin king?" I love my music & cannot live without it. I have close to 1k albums in my iTunes & can't wait to sit outside my WC next spring & hit shuffle.

GypsiesAtHeart2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:00 AM   #3
The ones on my 2104s need to be lowwer and spread out a bit.
2013 Ram 1500 (5.7)
2014 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote