Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2014, 08:20 AM   #1

PDI walk through

We did out PDI yesterday on our new 317RL. We are not taking it home yet because we are having an independent room control valve installed so we can lock out slides. After we left it dawned on me that I didn't remember the tech showing us the tank heater controls. And then it dawned on me that I have seen anything refering to tank heaters on Wildcats.

Do the Wildcats come tank heaters or are the tanks in such a location that they are heated if the coach is heated?

My class A and Rockwood had them but I probably only used them 4 or 5 times in 12 years.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman71 View Post
We did out PDI yesterday on our new 317RL. We are not taking it home yet because we are having an independent room control valve installed so we can lock out slides. After we left it dawned on me that I didn't remember the tech showing us the tank heater controls. And then it dawned on me that I have seen anything refering to tank heaters on Wildcats.

Do the Wildcats come tank heaters or are the tanks in such a location that they are heated if the coach is heated?

My class A and Rockwood had them but I probably only used them 4 or 5 times in 12 years.
While 12V tank heaters (with a manual switch) are an available option, all modern Wildcat floor plans heat the underbelly via a 2" duct from the 35k BTU furnace (standard heating ducts throughout the unit are 4"). If the furnace is running, the furnace is heating your underbelly.
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply Chris. That's good to hear.

I am thinking of dropping the underbelly and insulating the floor. I understand there is one area where the rams for the slides are that should be left open. Would I gain much?

Tags
pdi