Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2007, 02:00 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Phone number for Wildcat division???

Anyone have access to a phone number for the Wildcat division of Forest River?? Or even a high up at Forest River would do.

After going to the dealer last week to see when they are going to fix all the leaks we have on our new 'Cat, I noticed that they had a few fivers of the same model as ours.

Ours is now 2 1/2 months old....while looking at the new ones, I notice they all have Trailair Roroflex hitch boxes, electric awnings, and electric rear stabilizers on them!!

Now, having ordered ours in June, and picking up the last week of August, you would think we had the newest version.....NOT!!

The 2008 32QBBS model that we ordered came in with the new, "aerodynamic" front nose cap, and a slightly different front bunk area than the 2008 that we saw on the lot.

Sad part is, I even talked on the phone with the East Coast Rep for Wildcat and he assured me that there were to be no more changes for 2008.

So evidently, there are now 3 different versions of the 2008 32QBBS, which none of the new add ons were even options when we ordered ours. Had we known this, we would have waited and at least had the option to order these items.

So, if anyone has any contact info, let me have it, as I'm gonna leave someone know just who disgruntled this buyer is!!!

PS- I failed to mention that we ordered 3 of these at one shot....us, and 2 other families went and ordered together, and so far, all of us have water leakage issues.

Steve
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:14 PM   #2

The only phone number I have is for the Forest River Division in Goshen, IN., it's 574-389-4600.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:54 AM   #3

3 rigs purchased at the same time that all leak?

probably a Monday or Friday production

keep us posted on how they take care of you
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:16 PM   #4

Try this:

Forest River Inc.
3010 College Ave.
PO Box 124
Goshen, IN 46527-0124
Tel: (574) 533-5934
Fax: (574) 533-6085
www.forestriverinc.com

Wildcat Service
(574) 206-7600

Wildcat Warranty
Rod Batts
574-206-7609
574-206-2484 Fax
rbatts@forestriverinc.com
55135 Cr 1
Elkhart, IN 46514
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #5

I got my 32 QBBS in August and my bedroom leaks and it's going back to the factory for the second time. I'm on the Eastern Coast and I talk to Rob and he is great with me.
2006 Dodge 2500 Cummings
tcarter04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:08 PM   #6

I am in the same boat. Just bought a 2008 31qbh in early February 2008. The dealer told us it was loaded; electric awning, electric stabilizer jacks, etc. I was poking around on the net and found a video showing the trail air roto flex was standard on 08 models and was excited about it. When we had our walk through the pin box was not the trail air and the awning was manual, so were the stabilizer jacks. Let us know what Forest River has to say about that. I would think that if they advertise these things are standard for the 2008 model, they should actually be included on all 2008 models.

It is strange that they have different "versions" of standard features. It should be simple; if it is standard on all 2008 models, all 2008 models should have those standard features, PERIOD. Did I just repeat myself?
lbearbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #7

Standard Features

Ok, this is an update: My wife found out that the manufacture date on our 31qbh was late January 2008. She called Forest River a few weeks ago and asked about the missing standard options on our unit (trail air, electric awning, electric rear stabilizer jacks). The rep said "oh, those have only been standard for a few months". My wife then added, "That is great, because our manufacture date is late January 2008". To this the rep then stated that she could not comment further on the issue. My wife asked if there was someone else she could talk to and the rep said "have your dealer call us". To this my wife stated that she could call; the dealer really had nothing to do with it. She recieved a stern "no".

Now I must say that this is pretty seedy behavior. Obviously the unit was manufactured without the standard features is should have gotten. Our dealer, who has been wonderful, felt awful about the whole thing and agreed to purchase and install the trail air, but the other items would only be available if we purchase them. Needless to say if we could do it again we would not purchase a forest river product. The quality of the trailer really has nothing to do with this. Having standard features by model year, but bracketing those features throughout the year makes absolutely no sense to me. It also seems that the dealers have no idea what they will get when they order a model; could have standard features or might not.
lbearbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #8
Commercial Member

My thoughts exactly, especially since 6 weeks after taking delivery of our 2008, those new items were all of a sudden "standard".

When I talked to Forest River, they suggested the dealer take care of those items, when I talked to the dealer, he wanted Forest River to handle it.

Needless to say, I have come to realize that I can still crank down rear stabilizers, the electric awning can't be dipped to have rain come off of it, so I don't need it........and I bought a tried and try air hitch, a Fifth Airborne, so the heck with that new Roto-flex pinbox.

Oh, and the dealers have absolutely no clue what is happening at the manufacturer......I asked my dealer about the new nose cap on the WC's, and he asked "what new nose cap"??.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildcat