Old 10-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
Platinum Paint Picture-Uploaded

This is the paint option available on Wildcats. I was quoted $3200 list price on a 282RKX from a dealer.
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #2

Gives the appearance of a much higher dollar 5th wheel. Is the white paint or Gel-coat? I assume that the "Swish" stripes are still decals from the way that they still go over the window glass.

Adding $3200 to the option line of a Wildcat would put the price up in the next price level of many manufactures choices. On the other hand that paint color sure would look nice with my platinum white with gold F350 superduty FX4

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
Adding $3200 to the option line of a Wildcat would put the price up in the next price level of many manufactures choices. On the other hand that paint color sure would look nice with my platinum white with gold F350 superduty FX4
It likely would, but then you'd be back to a white camper.

Being all matchy-matchy sure is pretty:

Old 12-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #4

I agree that a matching rig is pretty to look at. I guess it is all a matter of whether you want the pretty on the interior or the exterior of the trailer.

In our case we went with the floor plan we liked and it came on the Wildcat only. So we will update the interior the to the level we prefer...don't get me wrong, the Wildcat is a great value for the $. We are just adding some wainscoting to the walls, mirror and tile backsplash, and some wood trim touches.

As for the exterior, I have given some serious thought as to having the front cap and lower side painted gold to match the paint on my F350.

Somewhere on line I came across a 5th wheel that had been ordered with no decals or opposing color trim.....all white. It was different, not in a bad way, just different. Kind of like a blank canvas awaiting for the arrival of an artist.

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
Old 12-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #5

That was probably our rig - a '14 Wildcat 312BH that we ordered with graphics-delete:

When we ordered it that way I didn't know if we would add graphics or like it as-is. The longer we are around it the more I like it as-is. I may add a couple of small bright-colored pinstripes along the top of the gray bottom panel but I think that would be it.

The Platinum paint looks nice, but for the price it ends up still being "swooshy".. And I *hate* decals over windows!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:11 AM   #6

Actually the one that I saw was "ALL WHITE" even the end cap and totally delete of all decals

Your Wildcat looks pretty good there I must say. Did they look at you strange when you asked for no decals to be applied?

I agree with you on the decals over window placement. They block your view from the inside, yet if you were to remove them the remaining decals would just look....well not complete for a lack of a better description.

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
Old 12-31-2013, 09:14 AM   #7

We mostly got "I didn't know you could order it that way" reactions at the dealer. The lot guys all liked it - mainly because it was a break from swoosh-city that they deal with everyday I think..
Old 12-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #8

With all that blank side canvas on the trailer, maybe it would be monetarily beneficial to place a little "advertising space available" sticker. Just kidding of course.

We were looking at a Keystone Vantage travel trailer that is much the same shape as an Airstream trailer. I told my wife that if I purchased it I would have it painted purple with a couple of yellow strips and offer to advertise for NEXIUM....the little purple pill.

I think she was relived that I went with a 5th wheel....LOL!!

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
Old 01-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyink View Post
That was probably our rig - a '14 Wildcat 312BH that we ordered with graphics-delete:
I like it, but dont like the cap color. I too was thinking of removing all my graphics or doing something different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cover Dog View Post
This is the paint option available on Wildcats. I was quoted $3200 list price on a 282RKX from a dealer.
cheaper to take it to a body shop and have this done.

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote