Old 12-10-2019, 01:33 AM   #1

Plumbing leaks?

I love this community! Y'all have been so helpful so far. Now, for a more difficult one. My girlfriend found leaks in the U-joint under the bathroom sink. Should be an easy enough fix. Disconnect, dry threads, apply plumbers tape and reconnect, right? But she is also finding damp spots in the large storage space between the door and the propane tanks. There is dried white sediment from water dripping down the black PVC pipe in the ceiling of the compartment. It seems to be directly below the sink. But we can't access that area without cutting the foil insulation barrier above. Does anyone know of a plumbing diagram that shows the plumbing/drain lines for the 2019 Wildcat?

bcwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:50 AM   #2
Head Rambler

Which model Wildcat do you have? However, plumbing and electrical diagrams are pretty much non-existent.

Since it's a 2019, I'd be inclined to have it looked at under warranty. That will also record it as an issue so if it comes back in the future or has caused damage that doesn't show up until later it's covered.

If you don't want to take it back to the selling dealer, you can contact some mobile service companies to see if they'll look at it. You'll have to get pre-authorization and be willing to be reimbursed once the work is done.

Having said that, if you'll post some pics of the issue maybe some Wildcat owners have encountered the same problem and can be of assistance.

Old 12-12-2019, 12:24 PM   #3

Mine was leaking where the PEX attached to the bathroom faucet, it was never tightened at the factory, barely hand tight. But when they crimped the PEX to faucet swivel adapter they jammed the PEX in so tight the swivel doesn't swivel. I could get it to stop leaking by hand but after any tow it came loose again. It dripped down into the pass through, which also has the black ABS drain and other PEX lines, so looked like it was leaking elsewhere. Finally by feeling around I determined the problem, used a basin wrench to get it tight enough that it will not come loose again. Alternative was to disconnect or remove sink. I'd make sure all leaks are fixed before getting into the drains/vents, could be traveling along the ABS. Disconnect from city water and use the pump, once all the air is out is should shut off and stay off until you open a valve, if it cycles on/off then there's still a leak.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 03:00 PM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcwatson View Post
I love this community! Y'all have been so helpful so far. Now, for a more difficult one. My girlfriend found leaks in the U-joint under the bathroom sink. Should be an easy enough fix. Disconnect, dry threads, apply plumbers tape and reconnect, right? But she is also finding damp spots in the large storage space between the door and the propane tanks. There is dried white sediment from water dripping down the black PVC pipe in the ceiling of the compartment. It seems to be directly below the sink. But we can't access that area without cutting the foil insulation barrier above. Does anyone know of a plumbing diagram that shows the plumbing/drain lines for the 2019 Wildcat?
Actually, maybe yes... maybe no.

If this U-Joint you are talking about is the P-trap for the sink drain then the connections have gaskets that seal where the coupling nuts on the pipe go together. If you are talking about where the sink drain attaches to the sink itself then maybe plumbers putty (not tape) might seal it. Most have gaskets as well.

Is there any chance the leaking P-trap (or whatever) is running down onto the other things below where you found water? Maybe the sink leak is common to both?
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=14
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:33 PM   #5

5Picker, didn't think about the drain side since the OP mentioned teflon tape but you're right, that's more of a union than the faucet connection.

I'm out on this one without more info.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:53 PM   #6

I've seen the gaskets crack on the p-trap fitting. they need to be in place with no tape.

Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, plumbing