Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #1

Pre wire for the Voyager Backup Camera

Does anyone know where the wires are located for the Voyager Wireless Backup Camera on a 2014 31REX. All I have found so far is 2 butt connectors where the center running light is connect to, is that the pre-wiring?
2014 Wildcat 293REX
davec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:17 PM   #2

I have a '15 312QBX and installed the Voyager camera, there is a small rubber cap covering a hole with the wires you describe under the center high clearance light.

BEWARE - these wires are not on switched power and the camera will be "on" at all times. they are not switched into the running light power. Bad design IMO and you need to be aware of battery draw when dry camping. I'm sure it's minimal but it's there. Highly suggest using the battery disconnect when stored for any amount of time
Old 11-05-2014, 06:35 PM   #3

Thanks for the feedback. I looked all around and even removed the other two clearance lights and didn't find anything, they must have hidden it well, but reading prior posts about having to disconnect the battery to shut the camera off I think having it connected to the clearance lights is a good idea. The system works great.
2014 Wildcat 293REX
davec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #4

I recently purchased a wireless Voyager Backup Camera system for our 2013 353LS Wildcat. The installation procedure splices the camera wiring to the positive and negative rear center clearance light wires.
tw-csf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:12 PM   #5
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOMORE View Post
I have a '15 312QBX and installed the Voyager camera, there is a small rubber cap covering a hole with the wires you describe under the center high clearance light.

BEWARE - these wires are not on switched power and the camera will be "on" at all times. they are not switched into the running light power. Bad design IMO and you need to be aware of battery draw when dry camping. I'm sure it's minimal but it's there. Highly suggest using the battery disconnect when stored for any amount of time
All the new Wildcats are coming out now with the Furrion back up camera installed. It is wired to constant power. I thought everybody knew it was supposed to be connected to the back up light wire (center wire-seven pin). It even states so in the Furrion owners manual booklet. Like you said, "bad design". Hope they correct it for future buyers. My dealer offered to put in an on/off switch for me.
kentnjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw-csf View Post
I recently purchased a wireless Voyager Backup Camera system for our 2013 353LS Wildcat. The installation procedure splices the camera wiring to the positive and negative rear center clearance light wires.
Not to derail this post, but I just am so excited to find out I am not the only Owner of a Wildcat 353LS.

Welcome to the forum!!!!

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:06 PM   #7

jonrjen,

Thanks for Forum Welcome. You are by yourself in the 353LS.

My marker lights illuminate only when the truck lights are on, but I will keep an eye on it.

Sue, Terry, and Izzie
2013 353LS Wildcat
2013 GMC 3500HD Duramax/Allison Crew
tw-csf is offline   Reply With Quote