Old 10-11-2016, 04:53 PM   #1

Pre wired for solar???

Good day RVs I have a 2016 Wildcat Max 26FBS a cut out diagram on the wall beside the TV says prewired for solar by Forsol.com. Was wondering what kind of wiring was behind the panel(with out cutting a hole in it) where it might go to and from.The unit has a solar hookup connection on the roof. Checked on the net with Fosol.com no help.

Thanks Ken

Old 10-11-2016, 06:56 PM   #2

No idea to give you an accurate answer but my experience is that pre-wired solar is not something I'd consider using for a decent system.

In my opinion, pre-wired is only good for using the wiring holes and runs to install better wiring with lower voltage losses.

I'd personally start from scratch and do a solar install correctly. These pre-wired for solar systems are not to be taken seriously.

Solar is not cheap but doing it yourself will easily save you 40-50% in total costs and ensure it is done correctly.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:35 PM   #3
Factory Representative

Good morning and thanks for the question about your Wildcat Maxx. Inside the wall you will find wires to connect a monitor panel for whatever solar system you decide to purchase. These wires lead directly to the roof where you will find a universal solar mount that you can plug panels into. Part of our wiring also includes a 10 gauge wire that will lead to the battery terminal.
Hopefully this helps answer your questions.
Thanks,
Wildcat Steve
Old 10-18-2016, 12:42 PM   #4

Thanks Steve wont to get started on a system before the Feb.trip to Arizona. Great to see a factory Rep. on the net for some answers Thanks again.
Ken
Old 10-18-2016, 01:19 PM   #5
Factory Representative

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2122.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	123333

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2123.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	501.0 KB
ID:	123334

Happy to help! I have included a few images of what the solar prep looks like. One is the rooftop mounts for the solar panels. The other is the wires behind the wall panel. The wires with the tape are the hot leads for the monitor panel.

Tags
solar