Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
Q about Wildcat options

This weekend my wife and I will be signing papers to start the construction on a 2014 Wildcat 282RKX. Many new inprovments in standard things that will be in our production model along with a list of options I would like you Wildcat owners to look over. In addition to the long list of all the new standard features Wildcat has added which are now standard, this is the list of the options we want also.

1- Rear Electric Stabilizer jacks
2- 110v ceiling fan
3- Free standing dinning table w/4 chairs
4- 50amp serv. & dual ducted 2nd a/c prep
5- low profile second 13.5 btu ac unit w/thermostat
6- ivc Trek wood plank vinyl flooring with minimal carpeting
7- 29" bedroom tv
8- folding bike rack at rear of trailer
9-slide toppers-the best that Dometic make

If anyone has a suggestion as to what we have left out, please speek up and let us know. THIS IS OUR FIRST TRAILER OF ANY KIND.

Thanks in advance,

Bill & Maura Schnauffer
Chardon, Ohio

The two dealers we will be working with are: RV Wholesalers-Ohio and Ray Wakley's Rv Center in Erie, Pa. Comments are also welcomed here too.
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:51 PM   #2

Just read this... Sounds like some good choices to me.
mike3510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:50 PM   #3
PPST OGCDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cover Dog View Post
This weekend my wife and I will be signing papers to start the construction on a 2014 Wildcat 282RKX. Many new inprovments in standard things that will be in our production model along with a list of options I would like you Wildcat owners to look over. In addition to the long list of all the new standard features Wildcat has added which are now standard, this is the list of the options we want also.

2- 110v ceiling fan
7- 29" bedroom tv

If anyone has a suggestion as to what we have left out, please speek up and let us know. THIS IS OUR FIRST TRAILER OF ANY KIND.

Thanks in advance,

Bill & Maura Schnauffer
Chardon, Ohio

The two dealers we will be working with are: RV Wholesalers-Ohio and Ray Wakley's Rv Center in Erie, Pa. Comments are also welcomed here too.
Maxxis tires, what about the "Level Up System"
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:09 AM   #4

Quote:

2- 110v ceiling fan
7- 29" bedroom tv

Thanks in advance,

Bill & Maura Schnauffer
Chardon, Ohio

I would order if not now a standard feature the 4 step entry stairs rather than the three step stairs. With the three step set up that first step can be one big leg lift to reach and pull up on.

As for a dealer recommendation Amanda Logan and the staff at All Seasons RV in Muskegon, MI made the drive worth it from Dallas, TX to make our purchase.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #5
GLCM Warrior

Quote:

2- 110v ceiling fan
7- 29" bedroom tv

Thanks in advance,

Bill & Maura Schnauffer
Chardon, Ohio

We took delivery of our new Wildcat 312QBX on March 11, 2014 so we haven't had much time to evaluate its performance yet...but so far I'm not sure if I had it to do over that I would get the electric rear stabilizers as they seem to be extremely slow to raise and lower. So, you might try operating one and see what you think. We did opt for the vinyl plank flooring and are glad we did as the floor (sheet vinyl) in our old RV (not a FR) cold cracked from end to end this winter.
The folding rack seemed like a big plus no matter what you end up hauling on it and the ceiling fan was also an option we wanted. We opted for the additional electric tank heaters as well since we like to use our camper from early May thru late October in the high country of Colorado. We weren't offered the slide toppers but can understand how useful they would be in protecting the slide seals from debris...for now we plan to use a leaf blower to clear the slides before bringing them in but a slide topper eliminates this problem. We had the trailer wired for the second AC ( the thermostat also was installed) but did not have the AC unit installed as we probably won't need it until later if we travel to much hotter climates than here. TV in the bedroom was not a priority as we try not to watch TV when we camp. Hope I've helped.

Bob...
Lefty59 is offline   Reply With Quote