Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2011, 10:42 AM   #1

Question about hydraulic jacks and slide on a 05 Wildcat

I am trying to help out my father who just purchased a 2005 Wildcat and I believe the model is 28RK.

It has hydraulic jacks and slide. There is a button in the trailer that is for the slide and there is a button in the front on the outside to lower the jacks.

On his first trip he had some fellow campers help him and the issue is that those two switches do the same thing.

When the trailer is parked you hitch up, raise the jacks and then the slide starts to come in.

When ready to move you do the same thing except the slide comes in first and then the jacks go up. The only inconvenience is that sometimes you may want to raise or lower the jacks and not mess with the slide.

Does anyone know if this is the normal operation on these or is something not hooked up right. (I can post a picture later if that will help)

Lastly, we noticed that in the front compartment where the batter is there is a vent with about a 2 inch flexible hose that is about 2 to 3 feet long. It is not connected to anything just hangs there and is vented to the outside. I assume this is possibly for the battery but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance!
Michael
faithalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
PINTO

Not sure about the hydraulics but the vent hose is for the vapors from the battery and should be hooked to a vent hole that vents outside.
Chevy 3500 LT Dually
Kpinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpinto View Post
Not sure about the hydraulics but the vent hose is for the vapors from the battery and should be hooked to a vent hole that vents outside.

In deed the hose does go to an outside vent - at least i have that mystery solved - thank you very much !!

Now hopefully someone will know something about the hydraulics.

Thanks!!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Never seen one wired that way. Usually a switch on a wall or under a cabinet on inside of the trailer for the slide. Most of the time, not too far from the main door. Look inside for a rocker style switch that is labeled "slide", and see what it does. I also moved this over to the Wildcat Forum, where hopefully it will get more exposure to someone with a like trailer.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #5

In that area you will find screw valves around the hydraulic pump. Someone messed with them and the need to be hand screwed tighten down. you will see what I mean when you look there as they are silver finger valves. Let me know how I can help from here ! And welcome to club Wildcat!

Safe travels,
Tomcat
TomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #6

Just a follow up on the jacks... Were you able to get it going? It's really an easy fix once you know what to look for...
(1 minute max)... If you are requiring more help let us know we are happy to help!

Team Wildcat

Tomcat
TomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #7

Thanks for following up! I have attached a picture and circled what I think the screw valves are you are mentioning. There are two of these and I assume the knurled part on the end is what is supposed to be tight. I am able to tighten them and loosen them by hand - I made sure that they were both tight but I get the same result.

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	valve.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	9735