Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #1

Question for Tom Cat

On the 313RE you have what I believe is called a "garden Shower" or "Garden Tub" where the shower pan is actually a very small rather useless tub and the water controls are down on the tub. Do you make this model with a regular shower pan and a shower enclosure with the hot and cold controls at about waist or chest high?

Looked at one a month ago and would have bought it except for that darn shower "tub", it was a real deal breaker for the wife. Really liked the floor plan and configuration of that trailer though.

Steve

Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #2

Great question.....

I know at times we all look at items that make us all say "what were they thinking" That being said there are good reasons I promise. Back to your question now... The long short of it no we don't have a pan as such nor a fixture on the wall that your looking for.

Now for the reasons:

As far a the pan, long short of it it's a component we don't currently use in other floor plans and we as a company buy a set number of parts and try to use them the best we can as this keeps your costs in line rather than having 11 showers we have 4. I have had a pan years ago on models like this and had requests for the tub vs the pan. Customers comments on it were to wash the grand children as well as the shave and soak feet in the shower. We will start looking at the pan again if I hear more customer requests. ( i incurage eceryones thoughts please)I for one would be happy to make your unit the first if that takes you over the curb and become part of the Wildcat family! We can talk more about that in a PM.

Now onto the fixtures. Time have given me perspective on building, that being said the higher fixtures means the water lines rise up the back wall of the shower surround. This is not a good situation on a abs tub surround as we would have to burry the water supply lines into the walls. I for one am not a fan of that as it can compromise your wall at some point. How do others do it? Well, the other solution would be a fiberglass tub surround where the watter supply lines would be in front of the outside wall and behind the fiber glass shower stall. This is a very expensive and a heavy part. Wildcat MFG. Is trying to keep weights down as well keep on target with price ponts. There is noone in our price point that uses such parts because of these two reasons. We could try a abs pan for you if you would like to do it. I hope this enlightens tge shadows of what we do everyday to buildthe very best Fifth wheel. As always we know we can't be all things to all people but hope we have done enough all over to make this new RV your home. There are a lot of great ideas out there an we do want to hear them. One of the best things we have done since being founded is listen to our customers and work hard implementing what can be done. Thanks for the question and hope to earn your business. Attched is a new wildcat picture of the new finerglass cap and new graphics. Please tell me what you think.

Safe travels,

Tomcat
TomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:51 AM   #3

Sorry I forgot to upload the pics here is the new Wildcat Cap and Graphics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1385000746.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	6750   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-294122151.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	6751  
TomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #4

Tom,

Thanks very much for your quick and detailed reply. So far DW's favorite is the 313RE. I do like this floorplan as well, I like the tankless water heater, rear receiver hitch and the overall construction of the unit. The huge basement storage is also something that got my attention. The fact that it is a Forrest River product is also a plus in my book.

Now that we have begun a remodel on our kitchen at home, the trailer is on hold for a bit, Wish we could do both, but the trailer is going to have to wait about 8 to 12 months. The sad part is that our dealer has a smoking deal on a 313RE with a nice option pkg right now, I just can't commit with the kitchen project underway. If only..........

Thanks again
Steve
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #5

The new front cap and graphics look soooooo much better. I thought the old graphics made the Wildcats look like a "Transformer" or Toyhauler and the grill graphic on the edges were just plain ugly. My opinion of course. I was so glad that we ordered our 2008 model before the graphics were changed for that year.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote