Old 01-11-2017, 07:52 AM   #1

Questions about 2017 Wildcat 32BHX

See prices on-line for this model vary wildly (over 30% spread for exact same year and model). Is something wrong with this model that would prompt some dealers to try and unload as fast as possible? Weak frame? Slide out too long and causing problems? I had a Forest River Salem travel trailer till recently and never had any major problems with it. Want to buy a new 5th wheel and really like the layout/features of the 32BHX. But, last thing I want is to get something that turns my favorable view of FR into one of loathing.

Thanks,

Seth

Old 04-03-2017, 01:09 AM   #2

Would like to have seen some input on this model from the forum. I'm looking at buying one but wondering the same things about it.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:24 AM   #3

We ran into the same situation with our 2016 314BHX. There were only a few out there and the price range was all over the place. We were looking at the end of 2016 for this unit. Apparently there are several factors which determines the asking price. One is how much money does that particular dealer have into the camper itself. This will determine how low they want to go. One big factor I found out was how long has the dealer had the unit on the lot. I noticed that the longer the dealer had the camper on the lot, the lower the price, especially at the end of the year. They wanted to get rid of the older units so they can bring in the new. The 32BHX is very similar to our unit and we love ours. Good luck.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:40 AM   #4

It usually takes someone buying a unit before they find out there is a forum and joining. Since this is a 17, it's gonna take a while for someone that has one to respond.
cavie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:01 AM   #5

I got my 327RE last november. I found 2 dealers with that unit within a 2 hour drive. One had a 2016 that I went and looked at an RV show. The 2nd one had a 2017 with more features 2nd ac and the 4 way leveling system. Even with the discounted show price on the 2016 was still $2000 more. It didn't mater the wife liked the colors in the 2017 better so that was the one we were getting. The MSRP on the 2016 was listed at almost 80K while the other dealer had it listed for around 60 at msrp. We paid no where near either of those numbers, but it just lead me to believe dealers just pull numbers out of the sky.

2016 Nights camped in Sunset trail(??) Didn't Count
2016 Nights camped in wildcat(14)
2017 Nights camped (30)
maskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, wildcat